1. Default Need help with NY gun law

Is a m1 carbine without a bayonet lug and without the mag legal under the new laws? I appreciate any help.

2. Default

If it is an original usgi carbine, it falls under the C&R excemption, BUT......if it has a detacable magazine AND any ONE of the "no-no" feautures, it has has to be registered C&R or not, but is exempt from the transfer restrictions on non-C&R guns, and may be bought/sold/traded as before. Taking off the bayonet lug takes it off the naughty list and it would not have to be registerd. Same with an M1A1 carbine........the folding stock and pistol grip are "no-no's"............take the action out of the stock, put it in an M1 stock and, providing it does not have a bayonet lug, it's back to being "ok"..............wonderfull laws we have here, and not confusing in the least..............said with heavy sarcasim.
    Last edited by ww2farmer; 02-11-2013 at 06:29.

Don't forget if you keep your USGI magazine, it in itself is considered an assault weapon and will require registration. Try and figure out what unintelligent life form came up with these unconstitutional and idiotic rules. Makes you want to move out of NY. Let everyone do all you can to get this piece of crap law repealed. Make sure you remember come November who put this together. John
    Last edited by JOHN42768; 02-11-2013 at 11:32.

Wait until the NRA & NY R&P club groups of attornies read this poorly written, ill conceived & contradictory law & issue their opinions . disregard all those opinions from half wits on the internet who fancy that they too are as smart & gifted as well trained attornies.....no one knowes where & to what extent an anti-gun judge or prosecutor will take this law..............In the mean time, keep your head down & your mouth shut & wait for them to figure out what all is covered.........until they do, everyone is at best guessing........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

5. Default

Thanks for your help.

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

I always say ... never accept legal advise from anyone you do not have on retainer......

I've always wondered what the heck somebody with a large gun collection of say one each of every mfg.'s M1 carbines, etc., with bayo lugs and say 10 each of 10, 15 and 30 rd. mags., would be up against if he moved from strong 2nd Amendment state like Texas to New York. Would he have to register these carbines or what? This would be a good question for one of those double billing retainer sharks.

Seems to me the states should have no right to restrict arms or cause onerous registration requirements not specifically permitted by 2nd Amendment. Either I have the right to keep and bear arms or I don't, right? So, if the 2nd Amendment gives me this right, then where in the hell does NY get the authority to abridge or limit this right with restrictions or registration designed to discourage me from exercising my 2nd amendment rights? Of course, all this is just rhetorical and I'm just venting frustration with the current state of things....

Quote Originally Posted by da gimp View Post
    Wait until the NRA & NY R&P club groups of attornies read this poorly written, ill conceived & contradictory law & issue their opinions . disregard all those opinions from half wits on the internet who fancy that they too are as smart & gifted as well trained attornies.....no one knowes where & to what extent an anti-gun judge or prosecutor will take this law..............In the mean time, keep your head down & your mouth shut & wait for them to figure out what all is covered.........until they do, everyone is at best guessing........
    ==================================
    The whole thing was a rush job, and rush jobs are seldom good ones. There's a sign that hangs in the shop of an auto mechanic I've patronized for the last 20+ years that reads thusly:

Rush jobs
    You want it bad, you get it BAD
    The worse you want it, the WORSE you get it
    Now how BAD do you want it?
    Working in corrections can be good experience for a young person, if you know when to quit!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN42768 View Post
    Try and figure out what unintelligent life form came up with these unconstitutional and idiotic rules. Makes you want to move out of NY.
    Come on down to Tennessee, our State Government is busy passing pro-gun laws for us as protection against the feds.

NY's best hope is that a state Superior court judge (or above at court of appeal level ) or a US District court rules this contemptible law unconstitutional................ you guys are in our prayers.......
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter