Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The whole series. On DVD, all are once viewed, just like new.

Ah yess, Rat Patrol with ONE British guy in the jeep. Should have been the other way around with possibly ONE American or NONE! And I did like the germans with a White Half track instead of a german one.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Valley View Post
    The whole series. On DVD, all are once viewed, just like new.
    Sorry, but I can't commit to that much couch time right now.

Back in 1965, While in RVN, I happened into a USO in Danang. They had a real TV, first one I'd seen in country. The show on the screen was Combat. Hah, Watched it for a few minutes and had to leave. I Still remember that. Often wondered about that. I never saw the show in the states.

The Combat series can be viewed on Youtube. Cost=$0.00

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Sorry, but I can't commit to that much couch time right now.
    I bought the whole set and watched it one episode every two weeks or so. Made it last five years . Loved it , but was sad when it " ended" . Prob'ly should do a second go as it's been a couple years now. They had a set of " Rat Patrol" out , too. I have not played it yet.
    Chris

7. Default

Picked up the entire set on DVD on sale from Amazon last year and delayed watching it until this winter. Just got through the first season which I faithfully watched in college in 1962, so some of it I remembered. Never did catch any of the rest of it, so from here on in it's all new to me.

Unlike a lot of programs from that era, the writing was excellent; quite a lot like some of the Star Trek shows where moral issues were brought up. Needless to say, I "get it" better now than when I was 19. Definitely in the "better late than never" category. My wife doesn't much care for war movies, but she's pretty hooked as well.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Ah yess, Rat Patrol with ONE British guy in the jeep. Should have been the other way around with possibly ONE American or NONE! And I did like the germans with a White Half track instead of a german one.

Germans used a lot of Captured Allied Equipment. And SAS used jeeps at one time, don't think it would get the viewership it it was a Brit group
    liberum aeternum

Of course the SAS used jeeps, my comment on "rat patrol" was that it should have been the SAS, with possibly one American instead of the other way round!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gunner312 View Post
    Back in 1965, While in RVN, I happened into a USO in Danang. They had a real TV, first one I'd seen in country. The show on the screen was Combat. Hah, Watched it for a few minutes and had to leave. I Still remember that. Often wondered about that. I never saw the show in the states.
    Same thing happen to me but a different war. I was deploy in the second Gulf war in Iraq. Walked into the NCOs tent and saw them watching Lawrence of Arabia on a DVD play and connected to a projector!! I had to get up and leave.

--fjruple