Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "COMBAT" WWII show back on tv.........................

Today while surfing on the old squawk box I could swear that I saw Combat was on today at 3PM on METY?
    But I cant find it now. I have searched all over the TV but cant find it again???
    I know I saw it. Does anyone have any info on this show coming back on??
    Thanks

google "zaptoittv"
    Or other search for tv programs.
    Sometimes you can watch on your internet!
    Paul

I get it on my local cable. It airs here on Saturday nights. Now if we can only find Rat Patrol......

I watched all of those shows as a kid. "Combat!", "Rat Patrol" and "Garrison's Gorillas". I am pretty sure I had the "Combat!" and "Rat Patrol" lunch boxes as well! Mike

A couple of years ago I showed a Combat! DVD to my adult daughter and explained to her that that was prime time TV back when I was a kid and that the shell blasts in the opening credits may have been the first use of pixelized images on TV. She was saddened when I told her how Vic Morrow had died. Maybe it's time for another boxed set.
    Last edited by rider; 02-09-2013 at 06:43.

You can do a search or just load www.metvnetwork.com and then get your local provider. There they have the schedules. The weekly schedule does not vary but on Sundays they change it up. There is where you could see "Combat" occasionally.

Works for me ................ or should I say "ME TV".
    --------------------------------
    Certified Internet Warrior Status: Achieved.

A while back they ran the one where the unit was given the task of taking a pillbox on top of a hill and the lieutenant told the men he wanted a high volume of accurate fire and they did a pretty good job of showing the M-1 Sight picture from the view of the rifleman. It was not a Hollywood epic, they made do with US vehicles remarked as German, as did all of the war movies back then. "King Two" and "White Rook" were popular radio call signs in ROTC back then. I understand Vic Morrow did some morale tours to Vietnam.

8. Default

I saw a picture once of a ARVN M24 Chaffee with "VIC MORROW" painted on it. Crew must have been fans.

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    A couple of years ago I showed a Combat! DVD to my adult daughter and explained to her that that was prime time TV back when I was a kid and that the shell blasts in the opening credits may have been the first use of pixelized images on TV. She was saddened when I told her how Vic Morrow had died. Maybe it's time for another boxed set.
    I have the COMBAT! boxed set I'll sell .....

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Valley View Post
    I have the COMBAT! boxed set I'll sell .....
    Which one, the whole series?