Default Leaflet Duplicate- Pls Disregard

Duplicate, please delete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lemming; 01-24-2013 at 07:31. Reason: Duplicate
    -Lemming

"I'm tryin' ta think, but nothin' happens!!!!"
    -Curly Howard

I have a couple from North Africa. One in german and one in Italian. Anyone interested? If so, please reply on the private message thingy

I apologize for stealing the thread, but John has jostled my memory. My ol' man spent his WWll time in central and north Africa. The airbases he was stationed at in North Africa were also used as POW camps. He told me that the German prisoners were the trouble makers. The Italians were never any problem. I remember one story about the Italians working in the hangars and dropping an oxygen bottle, breaking off the valve. While this bottle was flying around like a missile, the Italians just laughed and pointed as if they could not be hurt by it.
    The German POW's escaped from time to time and since the Brits at these bases were in charge of the prisoners, they sent Arabs out on their horses or camels to catch the escapees. Dad said he never saw them bring anyone back, but they always said they "got them".
    The ol' man did not like Arabs.

Ed

My father was a rail road trainman in the US during the war (over 40, critcal job=4F). He said the Italians were the most trouble, throwing GI clothing they were issued off the train, dumping food and making a mess in general, he hated them! The Germans were well behaved--perhaps better disapline or really glad to be out of the war! He had several POW trains taking them to camps.

Quote Originally Posted by 4F4Nam View Post
    The German POW's escaped from time to time and since the Brits at these bases were in charge of the prisoners, they sent Arabs out on their horses or camels to catch the escapees. Dad said he never saw them bring anyone back, but they always said they "got them".
    The ol' man did not like Arabs.

Ed
    They probably followed their trail until just out of eyesight of the base, camped for a day or two, decided the desert and Allah would fix the problem then returned to collect their pay....Just sayin. There is a common saying "It is taken care of" this should not be confused with "I actually went out and did what I was supposed to"....LOL
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Guamsst View Post
    They probably followed their trail until just out of eyesight of the base, camped for a day or two, decided the desert and Allah would fix the problem then returned to collect their pay....Just sayin. There is a common saying "It is taken care of" this should not be confused with "I actually went out and did what I was supposed to"....LOL

That may very well be right. Kinda like government employees here in the states!
    Heh, heh.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    My father was a rail road trainman in the US during the war (over 40, critcal job=4F). He said the Italians were the most trouble, throwing GI clothing they were issued off the train, dumping food and making a mess in general, he hated them! The Germans were well behaved--perhaps better disapline or really glad to be out of the war! He had several POW trains taking them to camps.
    Just one more thing in life that makes us go, hmmmmmm?

Ed

8. Default

The Japanese leaflet is upside down.

You know I thought about asking if anyone knew if I had framed it upside down. ....Thanks afret20, guess I'll need to adjust the hanger.
    -Lemming

"I'm tryin' ta think, but nothin' happens!!!!"
    -Curly Howard

Quote Originally Posted by afret20 View Post
    The Japanese leaflet is upside down.
    DOH!! I never looked at the pic up close....LOL I have allot of people show me Japanese items upside down at gunshows......amazingly common mistake.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.