Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leatherneck

Still, market value is what people will pay. We all know that you are not supposed to re-sell CMP firearms. CMP can only stop you
    from buying more if they chose to do so. Once CMP has sold out of that item, the prices will rise if there is a demand. The only M65's
    I've seen CMP sell, were actioned. They might have had a few before I started buying from them. I paid $500 for my first M65. It is a low
    serial number rifle. The one from Jeff Reising's estate was a little under $500 due to it being drilled and tapped for a side mount scope. Prices
    are not that much higher now. The MC-58's cost a lot more than the M65. They will bring $1200+ and have been at that price for several years.
    I have only seen these on auction on the CMP site. Most were new in box rifles. I don't see anyone scalping these on Gunbroker ect. They may ask
    high prices, but most M65 sell in the $500 range. The MC58's will be in the $1200 range mentioned above. All the rest of the series, M165,150 and 151
    will be less.

2. Default

I saw some cool Reising stuff on Gunbroker today.

I thought the myth that you are not supposed to resell CMP rifles and parts had ended, just go to any gun show they would be boring if there was not CMP stuff for sale there. If the CMP did not want the rifles resold they would raise the prices. I would bet that 30 to 50 % gets resold within 2 years of purchase to finance more CMP purchases of other firearms purchases. It is the American Way after all.
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 02-07-2013 at 05:09.

in the paper work you sign when you buy from the CMP, it says you can't sell it right away. I believe it is still in the agreement you sign, to become a CMP member.
    You are right though, the US is based on :buy low sell high.