Default Anybody have a copy of the Texas State Garand/03/Vintage/Carbine results

Match Director says it is on the TSRA website. I am unable to find it.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Match Director says it is on the TSRA website. I am unable to find it.
    Here you go. https://www.tsra.com/images/stories/...%20october.pdf

TSRA is a great organization--we need more members!!!

They lost my Garand score! I was presented a bronze (silvered with 03), but I am not on the bulletin!
    I took a refund on the carbine as I missed the last carbine relay and that may have caused them to toss the Garand score. I know it was ok and I remember being happy because it was a low 270 and I like to feel I made at least an expert score. I did ask the stat officer to look for my scorecard and correct it, we'll see...

I wish they had dropped my Krag score - if they had to lose one.

I've been shooting high power 47 years and this is the first time this has happened to me.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 11-22-2012 at 10:49.

I guess you could photograph your scorecards with your cellphone. Never would have thought this could happen to me! I have been assured that all scorecards were turned in to CMP but have been told they cannot even verify that I won the CMP bronze tinny I was given!

Sorry to hear this Griff. But if don't turn up, least you know. Any chance of contacting the scorer?
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Yes, I could possibly track him down, but I doubt he could give any details beyond saying he scored me and I did OK. I mean, we had a nice talk, he was one of the best shooters there. Who knows?

I did talk to a member of my club who shot in the match with his two boys who are about 12 and 15. The boys' scores were all mixed up with the dad's and they had his older boy shooting a K-31; the boy shot the M-1... only. Anyway seems like there were some other statistical discrepancies so I was not the only one.

"Back in my day" the stat officers marked the scores on big poster boards with sharpie markers, giving everyone a chance to see the results before they left. I even remember having match results MAILED to me.... Much better.

Whether my score card is at CMP or in a landfill at Terrell may never be known. Anyway, lessons learned, at least by me.

Default Epilogue

I received e-mails this morning from Bill Morgan, the Texas CMP Director, and Lue Baxter at CMP, along with a scan of my scorecard (271 x3) which put me in a three way tie for 10th place of 37 shooters. I am very glad to have it, and want to thank the CMP folks for helping out. Funny part is that the three adult shooters from my club, Haltom City RPC; myself, Dan Pate, and Thomas Anderson, all shot the exact same score.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 12-14-2012 at 05:14.