Thread: Screw spacing

Default Screw spacing

Anybody know the correct distance between screws holes and location (of holes) for the receiver block on a 1941A1?

7.2 inches center to center
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Thanks Chuck, I guess I didn't word it right, what are they on the rear block (action ring)?

4. Default

That depends on who made the scope base. If you're trying to get a block to match holes already drilled in your receiver, ask these folks: http://steveearleproducts.com/scopeblocks.html They also have blank, undrilled blocks and will drill them to your specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Salt Lake View Post
    That depends on who made the scope base. If you're trying to get a block to match holes already drilled in your receiver, ask these folks: http://steveearleproducts.com/scopeblocks.html They also have blank, undrilled blocks and will drill them to your specs.
    Thanks, good info. I was looking for original specs.

Anybody,,,,,,,,
    I guess I better specify, the same question is being asked in two different threads, but noone has answered, it's getting confusing.
    If I had an original 1941A1 and unscrewed the block off the action, what would the screw hole locations be?
    Thanks in advance,
    Randy
    Last edited by Randy A; 11-09-2012 at 05:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy A View Post
    Anybody,,,,,,,,
    I guess I better specify, the same question is being asked in two different threads, but noone has answered, it's getting confusing.
    If I had an original 1941A1 and unscrewed the block off the action, what would the screw hole locations be?
    Thanks in advance,
    Randy
    Randy,
    I assume you are building one of these USMC M1903A1 snipers.
    I think a better way to proceed would be to acquire the mounting blocks first (either original the Unertl size "O" and "E" or the Steve Earle reproductions of the same) and use the hole spacing on the blocks to 1.) establish the space between the holes and 2.) to locate the holes on the receiver ring and the barrel.

The one point you might want to investigate further is whether or not the receiver block should be butted up against the metallic rear sight or if a little clearance should be left. My gut sense is that a little clearance should be provided maybe .010" or .020".

BTW chuckindenver builds these and last year I believe he was also offering a handy jig for locating the barrel block. You might want to contact him

Regards,
    Jim