1. Default 1895 chilean short rifle

I picked up an 1895 chilean short rifle that has the ears on the front sight. My question is it shoots very far to the left at 50 yds. How do I change the windage?
    Mack
    hitler, stalin and mao were progressives in their time

2. Default

hitler, stalin and mao were progressives in their time

Tough to tell from the pics, and I'm NOT familiar with that model, but it looks as though you'd drift that pin out from left to right? Then slide (knock) the protector cap off the barrel ? DON'T BUGGER UP THE SIGHT BLADE WHILE DOING THAT. Then adjust/drift the sight blade at the range as you would for any other Mauser (in this case to the left). RE-install cap & pin when you're done. You may want to soak the assembly in penetrating oil for a day or so before you try to take it apart. How far out of center are you at 50yds? If you can get it on at 50yds, then go for 100yds if you have the range available.
    From the looks of it, it appears that the pin probably goes through the sight base? I'd place the right side of the "ears" against a socket so that the pin is driven into it, the socket being placed on the flat of your bench vise. The purpose being to avoid placing undue pressure on the sight base. You might want to recruit an extra set of hands to hold things.