1. Default 1891 Arg enginmeers carbine

Have one of these withb a crack at the small of the stock. I will repair it with brass plates and nuts and bolts and glue in the walnut piece but i sure woiuld like to get na stock for it. any ideas gents?

Can you post pictures first a lot of us have done stock repairs might have other ideas remember two heads are better than one.

If the wood is still all there, and you're talking about "standard" wrist split just behind the receiver, you may be able to get away with a very acceptable looking U.S.G.I. type repair using threaded brass rod, or the shank of a suitable straight brass screw from the hardware store.

4. Default

I also have one of those. Mine has a bolt through the wrist area, behind the tang. I have seen others with the same bolt in the same place, so I assume mine is an arsenal repair.
    If anyone would like a picture to see or post, I can send you one of my carbine.
    john

5. Default

I will one day figure out the picture thing but until then: there is a chunk about 1/4-1/2 on wide missing directly behind the tang screw and running about 2 1/2 inches down the stock wrist. I figured on cutting this out square as i can and gluing a piece of walmut in there pinning and or screwing it in there and sanding it off later. If you all could send flicks of your repairs it would be much appreciated.

6. Default

I should add that on the stock repair on my carbine the bolt goes sideways through the wrist of the stock.

john

7. Default

John: Can i see a picture? email is capt9960@aol.com

8. Default

DiGGer, I sent you an e-mail. If the pics don't go through, check out gunbroker auction #314808219. It's a carbine with the same wrist repair as mine.
    john

Here is a before and after of one I will post some more when I take pictures this one was missing wood also

Last edited by randy langford; 11-04-2012 at 05:32.