Default National Match AR-15

I shot competitive high-power with a NM M14 rifle back in the 1980's so I'm not exactly a newby to the game but I haven't been around it in quite a spell. I want to get my grandson started shooting high-power and know enough to want to start him with a black rifle. Now for my question - what do I want to get him to the firing line with equipment he can compete with?

I have a new Rock River lower receiver in my stash and have just ordered a White Oak complete NM upper. I also ordered the carry handle with pinned NM sight. I need to get the parts to finish the build on the lower and just placed an order for Rock River internals (minus trigger). Can someone steer me in the right direction on match triggers, what buttstock, sling,etc.

If I'm on the wrong track on any of the above, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill D
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost

2. Default

I have RRA 2 stage triggers in my NM AR's. The best trigger is the Geiselle 2 stage service trigger, but I wouldn't go to it until he is looking at making Master. The very best thing to do is get the kid a complete RRA NM A2, and use the WOA for yourself. Finish the lower with an RRA 2 stage, or Gieselle and standard A2 stock. This way you can train him, and shoot together traveling to matches. Get him into a club with a junior program. You can get the rifle way below retail for a qualified junior for around $800.
    RRA, Armalite, and Bushmaster have these junior incentives. Look into it, and save a lot of money.

Great advice. I have the RRA NM trigger in my RRA lower/Compass Lake upper and it's a really nice "stock" trigger!

I think you guys talked me into buying the Rock River NM trigger. In fact, I'm also getting the RR internals.

Thanks, Greg and Tex!
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost

You'll be satisfied!