Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P100 Shoot-Off

1. Default

Gimp,

First, I don't think a slow prone shoot-off is necessarily a fair way to determine the winner of an XTC match.

Second, a shoot-off is only valid as a final stage if the top shooters from each relay are selected. That's the practice for Long Range where conditions can often make a huge difference.

As the P100 shoot-off is done now it's possible for all 20 shooters to be from whatever relay had the best conditions. While in reality another shooter may have been on a different relay in the worst conditions and is arguably the better shooter for having placed 21st.

I'm familiar with Gary's achievements as a competitive shooter; they are very impressive.

His work as DCM made the CMP into the dynamic organization it is today. The CMP Games (in all their forms, National, Western, Eastern, and club) were a masterstroke. They have brought more people into highpower competition that anyone could have imagined. The same goes for nearly all the other CMP programs.

But nobody bats 1000 and in my view the P100 shoot-off is a swing and a miss

Maury
    Last edited by Maury Krupp; 08-12-2012 at 03:04.

Maybe we need to petition Gary to include the 2-4 top shooters of each relay......that makes sense to me...

Maury, I do understand your thinking too...............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

So..........what was the "dust up" this year? Just curious.........George in NH

4. Default

Seven of the Final 20 elected not to shoot the last 10 shots and ended up DQ'd.

There has been a lot of "Did not! Did So!" about what exactly happened at the shoot-off and the decision to DQ. I wasn't there and even those who were can't seem to agree on what happened.

The few semi-official public statements that have been made by the parties involved don't shed any real light on the matter either.

We'll probably never know for sure and as far as I'm concerned that part is history so I don't much care anymore.

The axe I'm grinding is to get rid of any future shoot-offs

Maury

Quote Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
    So..........what was the "dust up" this year? Just curious.........George in NH
    what i got from Mr Michaels

I do not mean to be confrontational, but there are two or more sides to every story. They were not DQd for not participating. They were DQd because of unsportsmanlike conduct which distracted the remaining 13 shooters, some of whom complained to the Match Director at the time. Please note that they did not file a protest or appeal the DQ.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Agreed, I think its dumb and unfair to make the winner win twice.
    How does someone win "twice"? According to the program you have to have the highest score after 40 shots to win. That sounds like only winning once.

If you can hack it go to AR15.com, click on the training box, then the competitions, dcm, natl match etc. There is a three page litany there by a bunch of high power shooters. Pro, con. This would be for those that are interested in the dcm high power program. Personally I think if you shoot the highest score and only win by X's, you are still the winner. In my opinion you won the match Shouldn't have to shoot again. Period.