Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

looks English to me?

Default Mauser sporters

The rifle you posted a photo of is gorgeous and I have no clue of the importers identity. So, don't keep us in suspense.

By contrast, my little rifle appears to have been offered as a "using" rifle and has no ornamentation at all except checkering. However, the stock cuts for the action and barrel are tight even though machine inletted. The rust blued finish and metal preparation/polishing are flawless. Of course, you would expect this from a company that had been manufacturing Luger pistols for over a decade. It does not have Tauscher's or any other importer's name on it. The "B in a circle" proof marks appear identical to those found on Brazilian 1908 military contract rifles.

I'll be glad to take and email photos of the rifle direct to you in the near future, as well as posting additional ones on the forum today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alkali; 10-16-2009 at 01:19. Reason: Add photos

3. Default

The rifle in the picture was imported by Pacific Arms of San Francisco, CA circa 1920.

Thanks for the new pictures, so the serial number (100) is on the action, barrel, triggerguard metal and stock. Have you run across other models that Tauscher sold?

Default Tauscher rifles

Michael, I've seen NO other rifles that may have been sold by Tauscher. In fact, my rifle was purchased some years ago off a gun show table just to have a nice example of a German sporter. Had no idea of any significance to the "Spitzer-Bullet" at the time. I soon got over my disappointment that it didn't have set triggers.

The Tauscher catalog link shows all the other models (you have to click on the directional arrow to turn the pages). The nifty (and now expensive) Lyman sights are also shown. Surely, someone else out there has one of these rifles. Regards.

5. Default

There are several Oberndorf Tauscher Mauser serial numbers in the Speed book but yours is the first DWM Tauscher I have heard of.