Booby trap simulators are an explosive device...explosive devices just like the grenade and artillery simulators. Just like giant firecrackers. He should have planted the device and then stretched the WIRE, not the device. Much safer!

I have a few espionage stories as well. As an MP spending my entire tour in W. Germany, I was exposed and privvy to a few happenings. Most involved terrorist bomb threats and SMLM (Soviet Military Liason Mission) vehicles. SMLM vehicles usually got the blood flowing 'cause you never knew how things were going to go. Their jobs were to spy on and report troop movements, excercises and whatnot in places they weren't supposed to be in. Our job was to try to catch them and detain if possible. That was the hard part. Most of the time it ended in failure and they got away. We (me and my partner) thought we had one trapped once, but they drove into a ditch and got away at a high rate of speed. We were in a '76 Valiant. Need I say more? Only once did we win and in quite spectacular fashion. A SMLM was following a convoy we were providing TCP's for. It involved one of my MP buddies diving inside the open driver-side window while the van was moving and wrestling with the driver to pull the keys out of the ignition. He did so and slid back out while the van rolled to a stop. MI and CID did the rest. We were never allowed to talk to them. He was the local hero for a bit. Fun times!