Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well, I will go check out the PIAT tomorrow and will also be looking at trading on a flamethrower....and maybe a Bazooka. I am bringing a truckload (literally) of guns and toys to trade so as long as he isn't too crazy on the flamethrower I should have some cool new toys tomorrow evening.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Blog Entries

I think 12k + or - is good on the flamethrower, if functional. I got some weeds I need burnt if you get it!
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Flamethrower is nonfunctional, Appears to be WW2 tanks and original hose with repro WW2 wand, on a Korean era pack frame. Got it for $3k in trade of which I spent probably $1,500 on the items I traded. Found out a functional repro flamethrower is $10K

PIAT is very solid but needs the canvas for the buttpad and cheekrest. Got it for $1,300 in trade items I probably spent about $1,100 on. It has the Very rare training plate with it too which is apparently worth $200.

Don't know the realistic value on them, but I know I am the only kid on my block with these toys.
    Last edited by Guamsst; 05-04-2012 at 05:10.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Oh, and lest I forget, on the Murphy's law side. I pulled a muscle in my lower back when loading my truck. Ofcourse, I then traded for two of the heaviest pieces of equipment you can get and now can't play with them without looking like an old man NOT COOL!

Just a thought, the U.S. dummy rifle grenade is quite similar to the training grenade for the Piat. Just give it a coat of black paint.

By the way, container for the fuze for the piat round is clipped to the tail fin. Only inserted in the nose when the round is ready to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Just a thought, the U.S. dummy rifle grenade is quite similar to the training grenade for the Piat. Just give it a coat of black paint.
    No need for all that John, I happen to have just purchased a U.S. training rifle grenade which is already black. All I have to do is dig it out of my pile o stuff and see how it looks in there

John, do you have the canvas pieces on your PIAT? I am thinking of making some repros. At a minimum I figure if you can post pics and measurements of the cheak rest I can make that part no problem.

Me, post pics? ROTFLMAO! I thought everyone knew I am Kumpewter challenged. If you promise to send them back, I can loan you the canvas pieces
    The cover for the buttplate would require the services of someone with an industrial sewing machine,as it's rather complicated. but the part that wraps around the tube should be simple enough to duplicate. I can even trace that on a sheet of paper.
    Last edited by John Sukey; 05-08-2012 at 10:06.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guamsst View Post
    Oh, and lest I forget, on the Murphy's law side. I pulled a muscle in my lower back when loading my truck. Ofcourse, I then traded for two of the heaviest pieces of equipment you can get and now can't play with them without looking like an old man NOT COOL!
    Perhaps this should be your next milsurp purchase.

Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Me, post pics? ROTFLMAO! I thought everyone knew I am Kumpewter challenged. If you promise to send them back, I can loan you the canvas pieces.
    John, that would be superfluous I Swear I will send them back. Do you still have my address? I was thinking on the rear pad that most of that would be done with hand stitching, Not like I plan on making thousands of them. Unfortunately my only friend with industrial sewing equipment has been out of touch for a few years now.

If you would like to ensure them, I will pay the insurance cost+postage. Not that they are really replaceable but atleast then, the post office has to track them and be accountable for them.

Guamsgt......I noticed an Enfield sniper transit chest in the pics.........was that for sale also?
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!