Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PIAT price check

Anyone able to give me a rough estimate of the value of a "really nice" British PIAT?

I don't need an exact figure as I will be trading guns and swords. Sorry, no pics available.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Blog Entries

I think Sukey has one
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

IMA has one and the price is enough to make you faint! I believe around 2K. I got mine many years ago for around $125 and it has the drill round with it!
    Consider it is nothing more than a metal tube with a 200 pound spring driving a steel rod. Only good for display since there ain't no ammo.
    Oh by the way, If you do manage to cock it, you cannot uncock it by pulling the trigger without damaging it. (Learned that the hard way since I didn't read the handbook through before doing that.) You have to reverse the cocking procedure and ease the spring down.

I saw one on a forum in the past six months that sold for $600; nothing but the tube, as I recall. A year or two ago I saw one with a bunch of accessories and as my memory isn't that great, I think it went for $800-900.

Well, I checked gunbroker but the one listed is the one I am trading on. Considering there is only one available and it is in good shape I guess $1,300 in trade isn't unreasonable. IMA at $2,000 seems completely over the top.

Thanks guys.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guamsst View Post
    Well, I checked gunbroker but the one listed is the one I am trading on. Considering there is only one available and it is in good shape I guess $1,300 in trade isn't unreasonable. IMA at $2,000 seems completely over the top.

Thanks guys.
    What value is the darn thing? You can't get ammo, you can't shoot it at the range, it's just a dust collector.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    What value is the darn thing? You can't get ammo, you can't shoot it at the range, it's just a dust collector.
    Hmmmm That's what I think when I go to a museum too. I'm all like "This crap don't work, why don't they turn it in for scrap?"

As a rare example of a unique weapon, it has a serious collector value whether it works or not. Seriously, people spent fortunes on Beani Babies and you are gonna fault someone for wanting a PIAT?...LOL

Just like my 2 inch mortar with transit case. No live ammo available LOL. But I do have dummy rounds and the carrier for them
    Firing mechamism is inop. oddly enough, that used enfield revolver parts

Thanks JB, IMA turned out to have theirs at $1,250 not $2,000 and it was sold. Looks like the price is right on this one. Thanks guys.