Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos View Post
    I can do the hole for the block. Its the larger, flat cut on the handguard that I am not comfortable cutting.

There are two profiles: 1903a1 USMC is flat at the front slopeing up to an end about an inch in front ofthe rear sight, and 1903a5 that is more of a dished cut fore and aft of the barrel block.
    The A5 profile is very different from the Unertl profile - very. Senich's A5 profile photo is incorrect, incidentally. As for the front base cut, those rifles (Unertls) were built by Philadelphia Depot, which was renown for its outstanding craftsmanship - and no one is going to convince me that they made those ugly, jagged cut-outs I have seen occasionally. The genuine ones I have seen fit so closely they look molded. To give you some idea of how skilled the PD personnel were, they could, and did on occassion, make every part for an 03, including the Mann-Neidner bases.

jt

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marine A5 Sniper View Post
    The A5 profile is very different from the Unertl profile - very. Senich's A5 profile photo is incorrect, incidentally. As for the front base cut, those rifles (Unertls) were built by Philadelphia Depot, which was renown for its outstanding craftsmanship - and no one is going to convince me that they made those ugly, jagged cut-outs I have seen occasionally. The genuine ones I have seen fit so closely they look molded. To give you some idea of how skilled the PD personnel were, they could, and did on occassion, make every part for an 03, including the Mann-Neidner bases.

jt
    If that one is all wrong, how about a pic of what it supposed to look like?