Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Got mine Saturday. #326
    Most of the metal is typical Chinese crude. Threads feel rough, edges have not been softened at all.
    I wouldn't call the finish blue. I'm not sure what it is. Have you ever bought Chinese furniture and noticed the supplied screws? Black finish and coated with a light machine oil? Same thing on the scope. I was afraid that with the amount of oil on it that it would be all over the lenses but they were clear.
    Crosshairs are fairly heavy. Optics appear to be very good, much better than I expected.
    Front bell adjustment is just wierd. I've never held a real Unertl so maybe that is normal.
    I'm still a few weeks away from getting it mounted. I need to get a custom rear block from Steve Earl to match the Bubba scope mounting holes in my receiver and then work up the nerve to drill and tap the barrel.

just got my replacement scope from leatherwood, orig ser no was 150 new one is 362. Looks to be better finish and the dust caps don't fall out. Looking at the rear block i think that they milled the lock stud cut backwards, should have been cut off center the other way to use it, the orig that i have are longer and on center.

Do you think the optics of the Hi-Lux scope are good enough quality that if you took the Hi-Lux mounts off and replaced them with a pair of original Unertl mounts you would end up with a decent scope?

TW56

4. Default

Supposedly they did a lot of work on the mounts for these, improvement over the previous Malcolm mounts for the earlier scopes. Time will tell, I've got #115 getting mounted now. Will find out how well the mounts work when I get the rifle back and on the range.

just got my replacement scope, see above post, now i can't break loose the objective lens adj, anybody have the same problem and how did you fix.

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    just got my replacement scope, see above post, now i can't break loose the objective lens adj, anybody have the same problem and how did you fix.
    Turning the front lens element on an original adjusted the scope for parellax. If it doesn't turn easily i think you had best send it back. Not the best news but bound to be some problems with ealy production of an item like this.

Regards
    Jim
    Last edited by jgaynor; 04-05-2012 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    Mine was tight also. I had to hold the back ring with a pair of jaw protected channellocks and use a craftsman strap wrench on the bell. Once loose all is good. The design of these two causes them to lock together really tight. It doesn't take much force to lock them together where it takes tools to loosen. Is the same design that the real Unertls use? It is kind of weird design. The front bell pushes the lens set in and the adjusting ring pushes the lens set out.
    Last edited by wolley; 04-06-2012 at 05:33.

I had to do the same thing to loosen my objective lens. Now it is good to go. Now to find someone to mount it on my double heat treated receier. Serial # 152. No loose scope caps.

Default Am i reading something in to this that i should not??

Seem to see quite a few shall we say complaints, the dollar amount on this scope makes it NOT CHEAP

I just ordered a complete rifle from Creedmore, curious comments from those who have anticipated for quite a while, and comments are not kind
    comments??

Have you received your rifle from Creedmore? If not when did you expect to see it. Thanks, I'm considering purchasing one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    Seem to see quite a few shall we say complaints, the dollar amount on this scope makes it NOT CHEAP

I just ordered a complete rifle from Creedmore, curious comments from those who have anticipated for quite a while, and comments are not kind
    comments??