Default Help with this M3 Holster......... Real or fake???????

I'm seriously looking at a M3 holster on Ebay. It really looks "to good to be true".
    It appears to be unissued. I'm planning to bid on it tonight If its real. Wouldn't a 60 year old holster start to turn brown after so many years out in the air??? It dose show some virta gree(sp?) on the snaps. I really need some help here with this one.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNISSUED-ORI...item4ab40a61de

Thanks for looking

rlc_hntr@yahoo.com
    Last edited by rlc_hntr; 02-19-2012 at 03:29. Reason: spelling

Looks good when compared to others (check "google images"). The leather does look dried out. If not exposed to sunlight, the leather will not brown over time. And you'd expect that amount of verdigris if it were properly stored.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

I thinks is real also. I found another to compair the markings with. It will be interesting to see what it sells for.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...idproduct=1471
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

It looks good me me too. I have one that I purchased from P & S Sales in Tulsa, OK in 1964 for $2.50 in new condition. I still use it some and had to have the shoulder strap lenthenged by the local shoesmith (shoemaker) to accodimade my expanding size. After seeing what these are worth, I wish I'd left it alone.

Looks like my Engr-Kress, everything appears to match. Mine is in excellent condition, but a little darker than the one on Ebay right now. I picked mine up off ebay three or four years ago for $53; prices have really gone up since then.

The auction seems to have ended with the reserve not being met. High bid was $125.75. Now the question is: What is it really worth? My answer: It's whatever money changes hands between a willing seller and a willing buyer.

He's crazy for what the shipping charges are. When I see that kind of shippinig I wonder about the seller.