Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mitchell to make new mausers??

been reading that mitchell will be manufacturing and retailing new mausers, clones of 98's and sell them for less than 600.00

not a machinist but the bolt alone looks like it is a many stage operation, and that takes skill and or computer time. lots of pieces and parts. now if it is made in chinaland and comes out like a gibbs, maybe he can sell them for less than 600.00.

i wont buy one nor would i buy a gibbs, even though gibbs starts off with a good o3a3 receiver
    barrel aint much, scope is worse

NRA mag had an article on these.
    They are to be made in Serbia and retail for $699.00

Blog Entries

Isn't that where the other Mauser clones were made for Remington and Charles Daley?
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Yes, it is probably Zavodi Crvena Zastava. That is the same vender where Interarms also had theirs made. They were very nice receivers and rifles.

Bill

They are also planning on a sporter version. It seems the 98k clones will have a croation crest?, fancy looking thing, never seen such a crest before. Refer to lastest A.R. mag.
    Last edited by dave; 01-25-2012 at 09:41.

6. Default

They look like they will be fine rifles but $699 for a reproduction K98 with out the proper markings? For that kinda money you should be able to snag a decent bring back don't you think? I guess I am just thinking that if you want a rifle that looks like a K98 you could just buy a really nice M48, 24/47 for a couple hundred bucks. I think Mitchell should have made an exact copies of K98 's with rare codes & markings. He could have put "Mitchell's Mausers" under the wood line so every one would know it was not an original. my 2cts

A decent bring back will be more if matched. I would rather have a m/m then a Mitchell's, and I do have a couple m/m, come to think of it!

i am fortunate to have 11 mausers in total,,, all of my 98's with the exception of two are bring backs and have had since the days of Klein sporting goods model 98's for 20.00

The only Mauser I have Michells is now selling. In the same ad in the AR they have a rebuilt import marked Portugal Model 1941 for $799. I thought these were rather rare. Mine is not refinished and is all original matching numbers with crests on the wood and metal, nazi proofed, original sling and bayonet. Looks like it was a guard rifle due to the finish wear around the barrel at the muzzle.
    If they want $800 for a rebuild I wonder what mine is worth?

go to a library and look at the "BLUE BOOK OF GUN VALUES"

if it shoots it is in there and it is quite accurate