Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

According to Army Times, they will be $3500.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaine View Post
    From the first link "They'll be taking 2,000 of these capable (and pre-customized by the soldiers who carried them) sniper rifles and selling them on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to military snipers, active and reserve duty military, retired military, and law enforcement, respectively."
    And from DefenseReview.com "Instructions for purchasing one of these M24s can be found at www.remingtondefense.com starting in mid-January 2012. Remington will initially limit sales of these complete systems to three distinct groups prioritized in the order below:

1. Military Snipers – Any current or former U.S. military sniper. All priority purchasers must provide a photocopy of a graduation certificate from a certified U.S. military sniper school (e.g. U.S. Army Sniper School, Special Operations Target Interdiction Course, etc). This group is not required to have a current U.S. military affiliation.

2. Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Military Personnel – Any member of any service currently serving in the U.S. military. Must provide proof of military eligibility. Inactive Ready Reserve members are not eligible for a purchase in 2012.

3. Retired Military Personnel – Any retired military member of any service holding a retiree identification card, whether through time in service or medical retirement.

Source: DefenseReview.com (http://s.tt/156yc)"
    I just find it hard to believe that there will be anywhere near 2,000 buyers for these $3500 rifles among the 3 groups listed above. Maybe I am wrong.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that there will be anywhere near 2,000 buyers for these $3500 rifles among the 3 groups listed above. Maybe I am wrong.
    I think your right. I would fall into group 5 and I'm thinking about it but it's still a ton of cash. I just wonder the way it's worded if the "crappy" ones will be sold last.

Quote Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
    I think your right. I would fall into group 5 and I'm thinking about it but it's still a ton of cash. I just wonder the way it's worded if the "crappy" ones will be sold last.
    Somehow I am skeptical that Remington's motive is truly "To Honor our Veterans and Public Defenders".

In fact, I find the whole thing offensive. Why do the various priority "ranks" matter? Why do Federal Agents "rank' higher than State and Local Law Enforcement Officers.......and so on?

In my opinion, someone just spent a lot of time inventing an elaborate advertising scheme for the rifles.

Sorry to be negative, but it doesn't pass the sniff test to me.
    Last edited by Cass; 01-13-2012 at 10:44.

I have read some comments on this topic by members of the Navy team. They don't seem to be offended, rather they are interested, with some bemoaning the fact that they will likely be unable to afford one.

I want one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now how to get twenty bucks worth of tickets?

riflegreen297 Guest

Since I fall into Priority I, I might drop the cash for one. One of my biggest concerns is the scope, is it a Leupold M3A?
    Last edited by riflegreen297; 01-16-2012 at 11:46.

Since the Leupold M3A is the scope that is issued with the M24, I expect it will be the one sold with the M24 systems in question.
    I base this supposition on my experience as a Naval Reservist. I have on numerous occasions worked at Small Arms at NSWC Crane. Most of my time was spent in the warehouse, where the various small arms arrive and are stored (sometimes for not very long) prior to being selected and sent over to the repair facility for rebuild.
    All the sniper rifles, except for the M14 arrived with optics attached.
    So, I expect the scopes will be the same ones that are on the rifles that the Army is turning in.

i think that there will be plenty of buyers from the first three groups and then 95%of them will very quickly will become sellers

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    i think that there will be plenty of buyers from the first three groups and then 95%of them will very quickly will become sellers
    Ha! Probably true.