Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Default

be sweet if the CMP got them and sold them. I bet they will be way outside my retired beer budget!

If I’m not mistaken, those M24’s that Remington has are for Law enforcement only.

From the first link "They'll be taking 2,000 of these capable (and pre-customized by the soldiers who carried them) sniper rifles and selling them on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to military snipers, active and reserve duty military, retired military, and law enforcement, respectively."
    And from DefenseReview.com "Instructions for purchasing one of these M24s can be found at www.remingtondefense.com starting in mid-January 2012. Remington will initially limit sales of these complete systems to three distinct groups prioritized in the order below:

1. Military Snipers – Any current or former U.S. military sniper. All priority purchasers must provide a photocopy of a graduation certificate from a certified U.S. military sniper school (e.g. U.S. Army Sniper School, Special Operations Target Interdiction Course, etc). This group is not required to have a current U.S. military affiliation.

2. Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Military Personnel – Any member of any service currently serving in the U.S. military. Must provide proof of military eligibility. Inactive Ready Reserve members are not eligible for a purchase in 2012.

3. Retired Military Personnel – Any retired military member of any service holding a retiree identification card, whether through time in service or medical retirement.

Source: DefenseReview.com (http://s.tt/156yc)"

in the early mid 1980,s Remington had the same deal on the first 700 PSS rifles, you had to be LE or Military with ID to prove it, in 1986 i picked up a new in the box Remington 700 PSS LE only from a pawn shop for 300.00 along with a couple other choice rifles, for great prices.
    was told a DPD officer had pawned them and never came back to get them
    i still own the Remington, and its one of my never sell rifles.... however,, Remington lifted the rule after 1989, though they did cheapen the rifles sold a bit.. says on my box LE only...but no place on the rifle is that marked..
    right now, you can search GB, and find new in the BOX so called LE only M24,s and lay down the Ben Franks.. and have a real M24 sniper system...one that hasnt been drug though the rocks and dirt...unless you want a abused rifle for the history...i dont see the advantage.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

It is as close as you can come to owning a real issued M24. I bought a Rem. M40 Scout-Sniper for the same reason.

6. Default

The BIG print giveth, and the small print taketh away. Read the entire article in detail, you are getting parts, refurbished, refinished, rebuilt, on a newly manufactured receiver. Cool, but not really the real deal it appears to be at first.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

7. Default

I bought the LE version about 7 years ago for 650.00 NIB and fitted it out to my liking with a Khales ZF95 for under 1500.00. That is a lot of extra cash to have M24 and 7.62 NATO stamped on it and the adjustable stock and swivels.

Apparently there is a wealth of bad information circulating on this sale. The raffle involves a single (as in one) rifle to be raffled off at the shot show.

The others (up to 2000) will be sold to priority customers as per Thaine's post above and delivered over the next 9 months to 2 years as they are assembled.

Regards,
    Jim

Shooter5 Guest

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/Fir...4-Rebuild.aspx

I inquired about the program. Will have to see what are the available results.

10. Default

Gotta love the 5 piece cleaning rod that comes with the kit. For some reason I bet those will be new and never used.