Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New "1930" Venezuelan mauser

Really crappy auction pictures..I'll post better when it arrives.

Description advised:

Venezuelan Model 1930 short rifle. Cal. 7 x 57 mm. 22 3/4" bbl. SN Z6099. Blued finish on metal with heavy coat of cosmoline, walnut stock shows deep handling marks. Good.

It was pretty sparse information to bid on, but I've had pretty good luck with this auction house in the past.
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-09-2014 at 09:12.

pretty, congrats & if the bore & crown is good, a pretty fair deer & close range elk rifle, if you do your part & chose your shots wisely.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Sweet! Where was it mADE?

jn

I remember back in the 70's when these were imported. Local gun shop had a whole case of them. All new and few dings. I got one and talked a none gun friend into buying one, after he shot mine. Surplus military ammo was very plentifull then. 49.95 as I remember! One of his kids got into dope and sold his, sad.

5. Default

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post

jn
    If the description is accurate, it was made by FN in Belgium. As soon as it arrives, I'll post better pictures and description. Alas, one of the problems of buying these on-line...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I remember back in the 70's when these were imported. Local gun shop had a whole case of them. All new and few dings. I got one and talked a none gun friend into buying one, after he shot mine. Surplus military ammo was very plentifull then. 49.95 as I remember! One of his kids got into dope and sold his, sad.
    I'm hoping this is one of those.
    Last edited by Calfed; 11-22-2011 at 07:35.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post

jn
    It seems they were made in the 30's but also after the war. These 'new' ones are probably post war made. There are people who say there is a differance in the way the rec/barrel are cut (which I do not understand) but others have contradicted that info. For more info go to Gun Boards, Military Mausers Forum.

Oh you said "where", sorry---F.N. Begium (and my glasses are fairly new!).

CalFed---scub that stock down with hot soapy water and you will find nice walnut under all that gunk, it will raise the dents too! Then oil w/BLO.
    Last edited by dave; 11-22-2011 at 11:33.

7. Default

Meant to post this earlier...

Not sure what this is, but it doesn't appear to be a Venezuelan Mauser. No crest and 8 x 57 chambering. Rifle looks pristine under a thick coat of cosmo..bluing 100%, bore good, stock good, all matching
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-09-2014 at 09:12.

both of those are basically the standard Belgian M24 design, made under contract in several calibers depending on what the customer wanted. The question is who would have ordered it without their national crest, or who later "sanitzed" the 8mm of its crest ,and why? A possiblity might be found in my discussion of the matter on 02-16-12

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    A possiblity might be found in my discussion of the matter on 02-16-12
    link

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...-Spanish-M43-s

10. Default

Thanks...several good possibilities