Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Most of the 1891 Arg. rifles had their crest polished off the the carbines did not I have a Calvary carbine that is a tack driver as everyone has said no need to change caliber the 7.65 was ahead of its time power is close to 308 any way Privi Partisan is avalible and no higher than 30-06

2. Default

Hello Board Members;

Thank You all for the wisdom and Advice, I will leave it as is and seek non corrosive Ammo.
    It is a very Beautiful Rifle.

John USCG 1961-1967.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by randy langford View Post
    Most of the 1891 Arg. rifles had their crest polished off the the carbines did not I have a Calvary carbine that is a tack driver as everyone has said no need to change caliber the 7.65 was ahead of its time power is close to 308 any way Privi Partisan is avalible and no higher than 30-06
    I have several crested 91 rifles and carbines. I have one of those engineer carbines also. Beautiful little rifle.

jt

Marine A5 Sniper, not to jack this topic, but how is Rosie doing these days? Is the chechering finished yet?

5. Default

Old Rosey is doing great, and I do need to catch up on my posts. I have not checkered her yet because I have been spending the last days of good weather doing restoration on my 57 T'Bird. I have gathered up all the tools and my stock holder. It will be soon.

jt

The Argentine Mausers are great, just as they are. I bought my first some forty years ago when they were selling for $29 each. I remember them coming packaged as a group in a cardboard barrel and it was a 'take your pick' sort of thing. My first was the '91 carbine and ammo was $05 each packaged loose in a wooden ammo crate. Since then I have acquired a '91 rifle in excellent shape but with the crest removed. This came from a 'black rifle' dealer in Atlanta who had no interest in this trade-in and let it go for $200 (in 2010). Other Argentines I've owned include the '98-09 carbine. Kind of hard to find those with good bores. The rifle version of the 98-09 has so far eluded me. When I see them they are usually in near new condition. The next one I come across, for sale, will be going home with me. The PRVI ammo is every bit the equivalent of 308 Winchester in power and performance. Other than the .311 bore diameter, this is a great cartridge.