Default CMP 16 inchers anyone?

Greetings all. Anyone bought one of the 16 inch blades from CMP yet? If so, hows the quality/condition? Thanx.

Cheers,

Mark
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est

I took a long look, but at $300, I thought they were overpriced for a "luck of the draw". From what I have seen of what has shown up, I haven't changed my mind. The scabbards, which could be bought separately, were a decent deal, but not the bayonets IMHO (again, not knowing what you were getting).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Greetings Rick. Did you take a look at them in one of the stores? What's the going rate on ebay for similar these days? Higher? I got a 10 inch AFH last January that was in nearly new/unissued condition. Listed as "Used/servicable" -

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...ved-my-CMP-AFH

So if those 16 inch are in similar condition they may actually be in pretty decent shape. I may have to ask Santa for one

Cheers,

Mark
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est

So far seems to be a mixed lot, some are pretty nice and others only fair. By the time you add in a scabbard, the price is on the high side. Best choice is to go to one of the stores and pick one yourself.

I live 2500 miles away, so buying at the stores wasn't an option. I saw several on Gunbroker that were as good of deal and better - plus you knew what you were getting. Not trying to badmouth the CMP, but I just didn't think the price was worth it.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Thanx Rick. Going to the store to look them over isn't an option for me either. Well, we'll see. Doesn't look like they're selling as fast as I thought they would.

Cheers,

Mark

Alea Iacta Est

7. Default

Broke down and went to CMP today, picked up a 16" and a 10" both in mint condition but do have the dark Greek finish.