Default Navy Uniform Info?

I have a pair of snow white bell bottoms and three navy caps I just got at an auction.
    The original owner was a WWII Navy Vet.
    There are no marrkings other than his name.
    Is this stuff worth anything? I trade in Militaria but have not had any of this before?
    Thanks

2. Default

Just white pants and white hats , not very much. Maybe a total of $20.00 if they are clean and not stained. WW2 White jumpers with patches that are clean are worth alittle more but are not rare.

Curious, what's a "Donald Duck" hat worth?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Curious, what's a "Donald Duck" hat worth?
    The dog dish or dixie cup, as we called them. I see them from time to time for about $5.00 when there clean and not sweat stained. fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by Phil McGrath View Post
    The dog dish or dixie cup, as we called them. I see them from time to time for about $5.00 when there clean and not sweat stained. fwiw
    I think what he's referring to is the "flat hat". It was blue wool with a ribbon which had "U. S. Navy" on it. I was issued one in 1958 which I never wore. I have no idea why they were still part of the uniform issue.
    Last edited by Bill D; 10-29-2011 at 09:36.
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost

6. Default

Ditto to what Bill D. said. Got mine in 1963, but it says 'US Coast Guard' on it. Never wore it, either.

Another ditto to Bill D's comments. Received mine in 1942. Did wear it with dress blues. Ribbon had US Navy however; prior to the start of WWII the ribbon had the name of the ship to which assigned. For what it's worth.

lonewoolf Guest

They were NOT issued in 1965, I was issued the 'white' hats only

I got my "flat hat" in 1953. There were a part of the dress blues and were required wear in some instances.
    I didn't particularly like the damm thing and so wore the white hat whenever possible.
    Out in 58 and when I went back in 64 they were no longer an issue item. still have mine around somewhere.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

I got my "flat hat" in 1953. They were a part of the dress blues and were required wear in some instances.
    I didn't particularly like the damm thing and so wore the white hat whenever possible.
    Out in 58 and when I went back in 64 they were no longer an issue item. still have mine around somewhere.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF