Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WWII Ka-bars

Quote Originally Posted by stars-n-bars View Post
    Thanks for all the info. thorin6. I registered at the usmilitaria forums but can't seem to be able to get on. At first it said the admin. would have to reveiw my registration and now it says my member log-in info. is unregognized. I see you are a member there, have you had similar problems. I sent an e-mail to the admin. no response.
    Have they sent you an email to activate your registration? As I recall, once I had registered I waited 24 hours before I received an activation email with a link to click on. Once I clicked on the link, my registration was activated and I was on the forum. I don't think there have been any server problems, so I am not sure what the problems would be. I'll get on it tonight and see if there are any issues with log-ins, and if I learn anything useful, I'll pm you through this board.

2. Default

I too am fond of the Mk2 and Mk1 WW2 knives. Far left 1 Pal RH 36 4 RH 37 USN 1 RH37 USMC 1 RH35
    Center left Mk 1's Geneva forge, Western, Imperial,Robeson, Boker, Colonial, and Pal
    Center right Cammilus Mk1 US, USMC guard marked 3 USN blade marked and 2 Screw pommel Mk2's
    Far right right to left Ka-Bar USMC Ka-Bar USN pin pommel 2 Ka-Bar USN Rectangular peened pommel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 10-18-2011 at 09:58.

The symbol, in the 1st post on the second K-bar, looks like the crysanthimum that was on jap rifles in WWII. The emperors mark right? If not what does it mean? Kinda curious.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Quote Originally Posted by mustanggt View Post
    The symbol, in the 1st post on the second K-bar, looks like the crysanthimum that was on jap rifles in WWII. The emperors mark right? If not what does it mean? Kinda curious.
    That's not a symbol, that's the peening of the tang to hold the pommel and leather washers on the knife. Characteristic of early Ka-bars.

Johnny,
    Nice collection, far surpasses mine. However, I have picked up some Mark 1s, so left to right, Camillus, PAL, Robeson, and Ka-bar. The last one I picked up at a flea market years ago; it serves as my letter opener:

5. Default

thorin6 I really like that Pal RH34 I am looking for a nice one but cheap! They seem to be drying up. Thanks for the post and the great pictures.

Johnny,
    You've got some really nice Mk1s and 2s. I actually got interested in them when I went to complete the PAL set. The PAL RH 34 was the first one that I picked up; got by trading two pocket knives and $10 cash. Here are some pictures. It came in the generic Mark 1 leather sheath with markings on the back of the sheath suggesting it was a WWII private purchase.

7. Default

[IMG][/IMG]

I am also fond of military knifes. a few PAL can be seen in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylBruce View Post

I am also fond of military knifes. a few PAL can be seen in the pic.
    I started out with one bayonet, a Camillus M4 that my father carried in Korea. Picked up an M1 Carbine to put the bayonet on, then picked up some web gear. Decided that I needed an M3 to complement my M4. Found a Mark 2 Camillus in a thrift shop; at one point had just a few knives:

But more than a few bayonets:

9. Default

My Collecting started with a 110.00 Underwood M1 carbine and and a 5.00 Utica M4 Both were near new cond.

10. Default

Thorin6, I've tried and tried to get on militaria forums and can get on but I can't do anything but read. I've tried to contact the admim. with no luck. I pull up the membership list and can't find my user name. I get an error message everytime I try to post,reply or update my info. Maybe the admim. just doesn't like me. I've waited and waited and have sent and resent my validation request. Could you contact the admim. for me and tell them Redhand1322 is trying to get on. Thanks if you can help.