Default Argentine Mauser Question

I am looking at purchasing a full length Argentine 1909 Mauser. It appears to be all matching and original, however, the bolt handle is turned down and unnumbered. Can anyone tell me if this might be the original bolt ? The bolt on my Argentine 1909 Mauser carbine is turned down and numbered. Both of these rifles are stamped as being made in Berlin. Thanks

I have an excellent Mauser Modelo Argentino 1909 rifle from Deutsche Waffen-UND Munitions Fabriken Berlin with a in the white receiver and straight bolt. The receiver, bolt and cleaning rod are marked H 4408.

3. Default

The full lenght rifles have a straight bolt. The carbines have a turned down bolt. If the bolt is numbered to the rifle; some one altered the bolt. If it is turned down missed match or un-numbered; it is a carbine bolt or replacement carbine bolt or someone scrubbed the numbers.

RA

Yes, the bolt should number to the reciever and would be straight.

Quote Originally Posted by leecork View Post
    I am looking at purchasing a full length Argentine 1909 Mauser. It appears to be all matching and original, however, the bolt handle is turned down and unnumbered. Can anyone tell me if this might be the original bolt ? The bolt on my Argentine 1909 Mauser carbine is turned down and numbered. Both of these rifles are stamped as being made in Berlin. Thanks
    Regard the bolt as a mis-match. The originals were straight on the rifle. Be wary that it is even an Argentine bolt. Look for Argentine proofs. Other bolts will fit, but the headspace may be off..