Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

I had both mounts.. I also did call Sadlak and they were great, and so is the mount. But mine did not just bolt on. When I did get it set up it was very stable.. I just needed a better scope.

I doubt you're ever going to get to a scoped rig you'll be fully satisfied with on a normal-stocked, unmodified M1A. You've seen the photos of the military's new tube-gun looking stocks for the M14; the optics rail appears to be integral. Just shoot the good M1A you already own and master the metallic sights. All it takes is clicks + decent ammo and you'll be driving tacks waaayyy out there. D.I. Boyd and Greg Strom used to shoot their M14's to National Highpower Championships against the best bolt-gunners up there.

3. Default

Thanks. I might take her out this week and punch some holes.. I think my rear sight is at the bottom and it seems to still shoots high.. I will have to figure that out. I know there is a procedure for setting up the M1A sights, and I may have done it wrong.
    Kurt

4. Default

PPS this is a super match gun, so it is bedded, and has a good trigger, and what ever else came with the Super Match.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtflys View Post
    Thanks. I might take her out this week and punch some holes.. I think my rear sight is at the bottom and it seems to still shoots high.. I will have to figure that out. I know there is a procedure for setting up the M1A sights, and I may have done it wrong.
    Kurt
    Hmmm. Mystery to me. Conceivably the rifle used to shoot low and a prior owner filed down the front sight post to correct but took off too much and ended up overcorrecting. If that's your case, the only fix is to get a new USGI front sight, won't cost much. The sights are real simple (and real good), same as a Garand - you don't have to adjust the front post for long range elevation like w/ the AR 15. Try to do your practice shooting standing, prone, and sitting, not from a bench, if it's OK w/ your firing range director. Good luck.

6. Default

Here's an old SAI Supermatch that shoots fine.
    I did have to replace the bolt internals with usgi parts when the extractor flew off. Very common problem that's easily fixed. The trigger lost it's first stage and I needed to send it back. Even though I was the 3rd owner, SA warranty repaired it and it's a great shooter. They do need a little TLC at times.

7. Default

Nice looking gun. You shoot it open sights? What range?

Try old school it works very well. This is an M82 with an original M14 Griffin & Howe bracket and M1C mount from late 50's early 60's.
    Last edited by Cecil; 11-25-2009 at 01:53.

9. Default

I have a friend that has an Art II that was refurbished.. I think he wants 1200. I'm not sure what they are worth or how well they work.
    Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by kurtflys View Post
    Nice looking gun. You shoot it open sights? What range?
    Don't know about him....but I shoot mine at 1000 yds. BTW, who needs a scope?