Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tyrant46290 Guest

Question identify this please

i have coem across a bayonet, it looks old.......

it hasthe following markings stamped into the handle L (sp?) M6 2775 ...the question mark is because it looks like there is another initial or something.....

there isnt any other marks or stampsings in it...

it has a wood grip around the metal handle that by the blade the wood is sort of cut into a backwards C if that makes any sense

the clip on the back (release) is just round on 1 side and on the other side it looks like a backwards L

i have been looking around on the internet and the closest i have come up with is a pre WWII turkish bayonet with a german frog

the diference is is that backwards C cut in the wood grip--the end of the metal shealth does NOT have the nub on mine-and the latch is the backwards L instead of a rectangle.....

im not sure if i can post links to photos, but here is the photo of the closest i have found.....and if i cant post a link i am sorry

http://gf.ioffer.com/i/pre-wwii-turk...frog-197419172

(notice the m1935 in the address)(mine HAS M6 stamped into it)

the back of the "german frog" is worn but has something along the lines of RFNn 0/0134/00 stamped into it

this does look really old-the bladee is kind of redish/goldish/silverish

please help me out

tyrant46290 Guest

kinda dissapointed atm......i cant get photos up and my description doesnt seem to be helping anyone help me.....im going to try and get some photos up and hopefully they will help

Could the L have a tiny B inside the angle of the L? That would be Longbranch and make it Canadian. Maybe a Ross bayonet or a Lee Metford? Sorry, your description just isn't too helpful, I think your going to have to post pics.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

tyrant46290 Guest

im catching this now but i dont have it with me.....still fighting to get photos up.....any other questions you may have for me?

tyrant46290 Guest

pics 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

tyrant46290 Guest

pics 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

tyrant46290 Guest

any information about it would be great...........posted pictures of any markings i can find, i searched everywhere with a magnifying glass
    Last edited by tyrant46290; 05-21-2011 at 08:14.

It's an Italian bayonet, model 1891/38 fixed type to replace the folding type. It's for the Carcano M91/38 rifle.

tyrant46290 Guest

awesome thanks...do you have any more information about it? idk what the 1891/38 means or when it was made or its value or anything.....ive never owned a bayonet before so i know nothing about them

1891/38 just means they updated the 1891 carcano in 1938 to modernize it a little by shortening it. I am no expert on Italian stuff but I believe this bayonet will fit most Italian rifles and should be an easy sell. I couldn't speak for the value though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcano
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.