Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Clark once emailed me and chastised me for not reading his book which contained the answer to a question I had. I immediately bought his book from a forum member and emailed Clark that I had found my answer. We continued to exchange emails, often on subjects other than 03's. I found him to be a very interesting person, and he had a keen sense of humor. He and I found ourselves in similar situations a couple of years ago, and I found his solution to be very amusing. I never met Clark, but I considered him to be a friend. I am saddened to hear of his death, and my life is the lesser for his departure. I had no idea he was ill, and I admire any man who goes without creating a wake in the lives of those around him. May he rest in peace, as he was a gentleman.

jt
    Last edited by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle; 05-10-2012 at 08:15.

Foremost is my sympathies extended to Clark's family. I appreciate that Chuck informed us his passing for us to support Clark's family in ways we can such as prayers, etc. Clark's passing is a loss to all of us but his contributions during his life is a gain to us. Thanks, Clark; you will be missed but we will cherish what you gave us during your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
    I am very deeply saddened to read of Clark's passing.

When I gained first interest in the M1903 Springfield back in the late 1970's, the first edition of Clark's book was out of print. I soon found that Ray Riling Arms Book Co. in Philadelphia was reprinting Clark's book in a small red hardbound format. I promptly ordered one and read it many times cover-to-cover. As subsequent editions of Clark's book were published, I promptly acquired copies. I was deeply honored when Clark asked permission to grace the cover of his last book with one of my photographs, a permission I readily granted.

Clark and I have spoken together many times over the phone and have exchanged many letters and much information. Although we disagreed on many subjects pertaining to the M1903 rifles, I never lost my deep abiding respect and appreciation for him and his work.

I extend my deepest and sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. Their loss is our loss.

We stand on his shoulders.

J.B.
    Glad to see that you are okay JB, wondered on you & your family's safety in the tornado.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

i have sent a link to this post to Clarks son, so that he can see the people his father touched in life...with repsect to Clarks Family, id like to let them be...:}
    i have a fond memmory of Clark, i think his family would like to move foward..iv had some requests of his familys info, id rather respect them by letting them move on in life..
    they thankyou for your kind words and support:}
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

I have Mr. Clarks 03 book in my library. Through another good friend, Mr. Clark sent it to me as a gift with a hand written message to me personally inside. Sad to hear of his passing. Sincerest condolences to his family.

I am so sorry for the loss of Clark to his family and to the people Clark has touched. I extend my sympathies to Clark's family and that they surely know the respect and admiration we all had and still have for Mr. Campbell. Although he has passed on from this world, his outstanding contributions to improve the quality of all of our days lives on. Thank you, Mr. Campbell, for sharing your talents with us all.

7. Default

Saddened greatly - I too used to talk to Clark, and he sent me a copy of his book, gratis (as did John Beard).