Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Riviezzo View Post
    "Mobleys bunch"= Vikings. I was grabbed out of primary to teach OH-58 when Primary went to Huey. When the TH-67 came in the OH-58 contract went away and I was put in your sister flight[Defender] with Will Dillonaire.Small world, my friend. Nick
    I liked Mobley a lot, he was the only person I ever allowed to hunt on my land in Pike County. I had about 225 acres then now it is down to about 175.

2. Default

Thanks to all of you for your service. You are all American Heros, whether serving in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Kuwait, Iraq, Afganistan, Libya, the United States, or wherever your country sends you.
    Last edited by aggie86; 08-12-2011 at 12:32.

A few things stuck with me, bayonet, couple of magazines (M16), canteen, pancho and liners, pilot survival knife given to me by friend assinged to aircraft carrier. A little bit off of every job is my motto.

Many things still stick with me from my service time. One of them is guarding a metal box full of simulated classified documents, at night, outside at -30 below zero during a SAC ORI.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    Many things still stick with me from my service time. One of them is guarding a metal box full of simulated classified documents, at night, outside at -30 below zero during a SAC ORI.
    Man, the Army was great for simulating all kinds of things. I remember during a Tac-Eval, I was assigned a position in one of the sandbag bunkers on the Nike Herc site. I was a 60 gunner. I was given a laminated card stating my basic load of stuff like M60 ammo, M16 ammo, fragmentation grenades, M203 rounds, decon kits, nerve agent antedote, bayonet, etc., and was told to keep it in my pocket and show it to the inspector if he requested it. We sat in our bunker all day and was never approached by anyone. Thank God, our c-rats weren't simulated! Mike