Default Newest Addition...

Custom Build by GA Precision. Scope is a Nightforce 5.5 x 22/50mm, bipod is Parker Hale, Built on a blueprinted M700 action in an Accuracy Systems AICS stock... barrel is a 11.25 twist, 24" Rock with .308/7.62 match chamber.

Is it accurate.... these were the first 5 rounds after barrel break-in... the two to the upper right were sighters, range was 100 yards, next 3 shots are the holes in the red dot. This was done with crappy 150 gr Federal ammo I was using during break-in. It's the best shooting rifle I've owned in or out of my professional life. Easily an under 1 MOA rifle to 1000+ yards if I do my part with SMK 175 gr loads duplicating the M118LR loading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike in Wis.; 10-15-2009 at 04:52.

Southern Bavaria , between castles and mountains

Hi Mike,

You have a good looking rifle and a very good shooter to! Also the shooter behind seems to know how to do the job!

Regards

Gunner
    The services of the great ones are dangerous and not worth the trouble they cost. Lessing, G.E.

Hi Mike, nice shooting,always gratifying when everything comes together.I'm thinking of useing George for a similar build,would you mind telling me how long it took to get your rifle? Thanks, Jim

From order to receipt of my rifle (~ 1.5 years ago) was only about 3 weeks, but with no bedding or stock work to do. At that time George had advised me 6-10 weeks so I was really happy he turned it out so quickly.

Now...they are very busy and have pretty extensive Government contracts to fill. George sent this out in August :

6-10 months on full builds
    1-4 weeks on Crusaders and Hospitallers (normally in continuous production)

And I think in many cases he's being optomistic <grin>. Timing is everything, some are grousing that their orders are taking longer then originally quoted.... but it's sure worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    You have a good looking rifle and a very good shooter to! Also the shooter behind seems to know how to do the job!

Thanks Gunner. Some rifles just seem so full of personality that they just plain shoot well no matter what you do or what you put through them... this one is like that.

I've had other rifles that really make you "work" and are very sensitive to even the slightest variation in load, weather or moon alignment. I once had a M21 that nearly drove me nuts with it's erratic behavior. Once I got it figured out it worked fine.... but what a learning curve !

Southern Bavaria , between castles and mountains

Hi Mike,
    i know this feeling. At the moment i have a big fight with my 1911 Pistol. The best results i get is to hold the 9 on the target. But i am sure, i will win the fight.

Regards

Gunner
    The services of the great ones are dangerous and not worth the trouble they cost. Lessing, G.E.