Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was thinking at a gun show, but if put on an auction the sky is almost the limit. I quite collecting these some time ago, prices are just too high for me. Are not the Oberndorf more commen then the Borsigwalde? And as they say about wine----39 was a good year!

I hope he does not sell it too cheap!
    Last edited by dave; 03-10-2011 at 06:20.

Pics aren't that great but I think the rifle would go for $1500 minimum as all matching Nazi K98k's have exploded in value. Like has been said, depending on condition, on an auction site it might go over $2000. My advice is don't take the first offer.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I was thinking at a gun show, but if put on an auction the sky is almost the limit. I quite collecting these some time ago, prices are just too high for me. Are not the Oberndorf more commen then the Borsigwalde? And as they say about wine----39 was a good year!

I hope he does not sell it too cheap!
    The Oberndorf seems to have a bit of an edge as it was the main Mauser factory. The factory was also producing Lugers until 1942 and the common coding (S42, 42, byf) and waA (63,655) seems to generate interest with Luger collectors
    Last edited by keith smart; 03-10-2011 at 03:33.

4. Default

I don't think the Oberndorf has any more desirability then the Borsigwalde. Actually if you look in Law's book there were less made by Mauser/Borsigwalde (243 code) then Mauser Oberndorf(42 code).As far as value I would rate the 243 higher then the 42 code. All matching and pre war makes this rifle highly collectible regardless of the manufacture. After speaking with the owner I feel this rifle would go for over $2000 on gun broker. If you get two people with money bidding on it then the sky is the limit. I'm glad I got my collection before these thing went so crazy. I remember when you could buy a nice matching rifle for less the $500 and that wasn't that long ago. I am amazed at some of winning bids on some of these rifles.

You are getting the idea.

These matched original pieces are rarely offered regardless of pedigree.

I'm sure several have offered to take it off your hands.

I would auction it and expect $2000 +.

I recall when these were $25.00 rifles.

You got a nice piece somebody will pay goo money for.

Gandydancer Guest

The 1939 8mm Mauser has been sold. Thanks for your interest. Maybe the new owner will continue the thread.

Thanks to Gandydancer accepting my offer, I was able to augment this fine rifle with a launcher I picked up from the veteran last week. Excuse the pictures; my daughter ran off with my camera and I had to use a cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images