Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What the Texas law does is prohibit switchblades under article 46.05, but then it says: "(d) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor's conduct: (1) was incidental to dealing with a switchblade knife, springblade knife, or short barrel firearm solely as an antique or curio..."

I think that means you can have one in your collection of "arms" but then, I'm not an attorney. I think it also means you cannot carry one for protection.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 03-08-2011 at 07:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    What the Texas law does is prohibit switchblades under article 46.05, but then it says: "(d) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor's conduct: (1) was incidental to dealing with a switchblade knife, springblade knife, or short barrel firearm solely as an antique or curio..."

I think that means you can have one in your collection of "arms" but then, I'm not an attorney. I think it also means you cannot carry one for protection.
    That's exactly what it means. The defense is the reason people in Texas can also own swords, maces, daggers and battle axes, just don't walk down main street with one.
    Last edited by Art; 03-08-2011 at 09:46.

This subject has come up as being an impediment to setting up a vintage battle rifle match requiring the use of a bayonet over part of the COF ... in Texas.

Just gave/sold my old Bokker to a deputy here in Mo. You can possess one in a collection, but carrying one (if not police , emergency services/1st responders while on duty) is forbidden.Still have several in the safe, but wouldn't carry one now here, not worth the headaches.

da gimp

California will allow you to have one, "in your home as a collector". Don't take it out anywhere and don't sell them in California, just own one. How do you do that?