Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There were a number of canvas magazine and drum pouches, carrying case and web belts with the MILLS logo and 1921 date manufactured for the Model 1921 Thompson too

2. Default

Hey, that's interesting information. Thank you for that.

Somewhere around here I have the date for the liquidation of the US arm but 1928 still springs to mind so it's possible for some even later gear to be out there but there is a cap not terribly long after those belts.

I remember thinking that they folded even before the Great Depression hit. Hence the 1928 sticking.

I wonder if the machinery to weave belts with integrated loops even still exists? That was a pretty specific application. I guess cloth MG belts wouldn't be that different though so maybe not.

3. Default

FYI: Dixie Gun has several repo 45-70 loop belts in their catalog. Price is in the $50 to 90 range and look new. No mistaking these.

Just an add. Co.. Anson Mills U.S. 5th Cavalry stationed at Ft. Lowell, Arizona Territory Which is a few blocks from my house!

Not a whole lot left as when it was shut down the locals stole every stick of wood in it. Only the Adobe is left. Only complete building is the officers quarters. They recently aquired some buildings some buildings across the road that were being used by a sand and gravel company.
    The Fort was a supply depot for Southern Arizona.

Now going back many years, I had a lot of that stuff. Spiked helmets sold for $9.95 and Plumed helmets were $12.95. Even had an Indian Scouts plumed helmet that cost a bit more. (red and white horsehair plume and it was longer than the others)
    Last edited by John Sukey; 03-20-2011 at 12:13.

You are forgetting the .45 magazine pouches.
    Oh by the way, Col Mills, U.S. Fifth Cavalry, was stationed at Ft. Lowell, Arizona Territory. The remains of the fort are a few blocks from my house. Just a funny. I have the book on the mills equipment and aside from the belt, there was a web bracelet for 45-70 rounds. Never saw one of those, so it must have been a prototype.

pa69reg Guest

I am new to this site. Are you telling me NOT to go after the blue belt on this site? http://www.19thcenturyweapons.com/11...5loopbelt.html

7. Default

I am new to this site. Are you telling me NOT to go after the blue belt on this site? http://www.19thcenturyweapons.com/11...5loopbelt.html
    There is nothing wrong with that belt - it's a woven Mills.
    Last edited by 5MadFarmers; 05-16-2011 at 07:42.