Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If you wore the Red Diamond you are eligible. And we'd like to hear from anyone who did.

I'd been back from Vietnam 22 months and was fighting a new war on the San Francisco State College campus against war protesters and communist professors. $130 a month GI Bill. It is hard to believe now that there was such a concentration of idiots and traitors all in one place. I held my own.

Nick - the Fifth Division website has extensive records relating to Lam Son 719. Glancing thru the Combat After Action Report there are numerous references to 3-5, the entry for 11 Feb has D/3-5 aiding extraction of a downed aircraft, the entry for 12 Feb shows 3/C/3-5 in action including one US WIA.
    There are many more entries. The entire CAAR is 38 pages. To see it go to the main LS 719 page, scroll down to bottom, click on the box marked Lam Son 719 Part 2. I have not read all of the various reports listed under the other boxes, but there's plenty there. Credit goes to our Historian Keith Short for compiling this extensive record. Keith was involved in LS 719 with 1-11 Infantry and is a true asset to The Society Of The Fifth Division
    Go here: http://www.societyofthefifthdivision...lamson719a.htm
    Last edited by Big_Al; 04-25-2011 at 07:19.

Was stuck on FB Brick until the end of Feb 71.

Boy, do I miss the smell of wet and rotting sandbags, urine and burning sh!t. ( typed in a half serious tone)

regards, dennis

I was out of the service by then expecting the second child who came on May 15 of that year.

Big_Al, I've printed the Application Form and am considering the Life Member at the 61-69 years of age[I might be able to afford that one]. Actually, their rates are reasonable. I do thank you for pointing this Organization out to me. I have special rememberences of my short time with the 5th.[ we were 3/17 Air Cav. until the colors swap to 3/5 Cav. on 1 Feb 1971] BTW: If anyone has any 3/5 Cav. brass, crossed sabers with 5 above and 3 below the sabers,that they are willing to part with I really would like two pieces. General Hill, then Commanding,personally gave me one piece to wear home since I was the first to DEROS under his own power after Lam Son kicked off. Thanks again, WE WILL!, Nick

i was at Camp Pendleton with Schools Bn comm support Delmar 21 area. I worked with Amtracs P5s,105s and M48s. even as a pogue very familiar with Quang Tri province. any of you Army guys in "dusters"?. C5M1, if it it would make you feel better, you could poop in a steel bucket, and pour in some kerosene ,then set it on fire. Semper Fi
    Last edited by comm pogue; 05-16-2011 at 06:37.

C5M1, if it it would make you feel better, you could poop in a steel bucket, and pour in some kerosene ,then set it on fire. Semper Fi[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny!!!!!... Also, Have to make sure it's completely full and stir it occasionally.

regards, dennis

If you all are into outhouse humor go back to page 3,third posting at the start of this forum. Titled "D.I. is an Important Title". Maybe a little chuckle there if you haven't read it before. I had pictures of this but lost them in the flood of 1990,still I can see in my minds eye this "banty rooster" lording it over all the "lesser than equal hogs". Nick
    Last edited by Nick Riviezzo; 05-17-2011 at 02:56. Reason: cleanin'up stoopid.

That was my 14th birthday. I remember being riveted to the news on a daily basis, listening to the reports and reading the stories about those brave men and women who lost their lives in SE Asia.