Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Jim (jgaynor),

Thanks for the links. A couple of those A5s for sale look interesting.

Jim (Marine A5 Sniper),

Did alot of humping in 30 years, both in Central America & the Middle East. We use to call them Combat Deployments, but I was informed just before I retired that I was now taking part in Overseas Contingency Operations.

Also, I found a great way to fix that having enough ammo deal was to always travel with my buddies with ammo - - - the 82 or 101 Airborne.

Expect that I'll get hot on this project in a couple of months. Currently dealing with a couple of 1911s that my gunsmith is doing his VooDoo over.

Appreciate all the help!

Later,

Mark
    D. Mark
    Gentleman Farmer, U.S. Army - Ret.

I was going to pick up an M1 Carbine or scope my existing USMC marked A1 mk I, but now...after seeing how cool these sniper versions look, I'll have to somehow find a pre-drilled or sporterized 1903 and convert it with a proper stock and new barel.

Any tips on where to find a suitable receiver? CMP forums maybe?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EdBowles View Post
    I thinking of putting together a USMC 1903A1 sniper rifle clone for the CMP Vintage Sniper Match. I have enough 1903 parts to put together a complete rifle and Midway has the Leatherwood Hi-Lux William Malcolm 6X scope at a reasonable price. I need some info on the front ring, how its attaches to the barrel, and hand guard dimensions. Anyone have a source for this info or a list of commercial equivalents for the mounting hardware? Ed
    Leatherwood / Hi-Lux is showcasing an 8x USMC Sniper that you may find interesting. Here is a blog that has some pictures/advertisement about it from Iron Sight Inc: http://ironsightinc.wordpress.com/20...m-usmc-sniper/

4. Default

Thanks for the heads up, I been watching the scope's development progress. But, I have gone a whole different route, putting together a 1903A4 clone with a recovered drill receiver and Weaver K2.5 scope. Still have my 1903 parts kit and am patiently waiting. Ed