About 20 years ago, I was on an FFG doing ASW ops in the North Atlantic. I was the Sonar Supervisor and my division officer was the ASW Evaluator. We were sorting out a couple of Soviet subsurface contacts and I was having a devil of a time getting the ASWE to understand which contact was on which side of the ship and what course and speed they were on. We knew exactly what was going on in the shack, but he kept coming up with completely wrong data. Finally I got exasperated enough that I said, "If you want to come in here and do my [expletive deleted] job, come on over and I'll just go hit my rack." Then...nothing. So I looked around the corner through the door to CIC to see every eye in the space fixed on me. Then I looked back at my console to see that not only was the button for the 61JS phone net on, but so was the 1JS - the entire CIC, including the XO, had just listened to my tirade. The ASWE, bless his heart, said, "No, that's OK, I'll take your word for it," and we continued on.