Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Mike, I spent a great deal of time as an MP ,CID and Fed. augmentation to the USSS,so I appreciate your plight. As I used to tell my young "Mud Puppies" after a messy brawl,"Be glad it ain't your puke or your blood".The Military Police seem to be in great danger these days as here at FT. Rucker they have started to use "DOD Policemen". 25 years ago we had to take on the mission of "Rear Area Security" to stay alive as a Corp. If DoDPolice assume the roll of garrison law enforcment that will only leave POW and Confinement Facility ops plus the rear area security mission. That was an infantry mission and when we got stuck with it it was "Infantry without the RE-UP bonus" .Military Police were "Police" but we were "of the troops and for the troops". I fear we are nearing the end of an era, more's the pity. Nick

Nick,

Always great to make contact with a fellow MP. I spent my entire time in W. Germany. Never had state-side duty, so I never really had the "garrison" experience. I was a divisional MP, which meant we spent a lot of time in the field and then would work the road. It was never dull. I always thought it was the best of both worlds.

As for replacing the MP with DOD employees, I think there was talk of that as far back as when I was in. 95B10 was considered a combat MOS and I guess the role of gate duty and what not, was being looked at back then. Mike