RETREAD1234567 Guest

Default Mexican Mauser M 1936

As it comes to all men, a friend of mine is quite ill and is finally disposing of a life long collection.
    I have posted here in the past as RETREAD, but have re registered as RETREAD 1234567

I am seeking information for pricing. These guns are quite unusual in my experience and would be interesting to any military arm collector of shooter.

There are two (2) Mexican Model M 1936 rifles in 7mm complete with matching numbers and bayonets These guns are dated 1944 on the receiver rings with the Mexican crest. Condition of both is AS NEW> Not refinished not restored.

I welcome all input , opinions, and advice. I realize some may feel as if I am 'fishing"
    and I have a thick enough skin to weather any vitriol
    Suffice to say this gent has lived 80 years and has waited too long to liquidate and now must depend on the help of his friends
    Thanking you all in advance Al D'Amore ' RETREAD1234567" Phoenix AZ>

I did a quick search on Gunbroker completed sales and came up with between 450.00 and 700.00 dollars you could add 75 to 100 for the bayonets

Mexican Mausers are very high quality and very collectable. They are also very, very rare in good condition. I don't think I've ever heard of one in unissued condition and of course the matching numbers are a huge plus as are the bayonettes. I would do a good bit of research before offering them for sale.

Dangerousdan Guest

Retread, You have I/M

Retread,

I've never heard of anyone having two Mexican Mausers in that kind of shape, except the Mexican Army. There's no "market" price on a Mx in that condition, 'cause they never come up for sale like that. I would talk to serious collectors a bit. Just a suggestion. Wish I could give you what I think they might be worth!

Good luck.

jn

6. Default

Hi RETREAD1234567
    I'm just get into the site please let me know if you still selling the M-1936.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Mexican Mausers are very high quality and very collectable. They are also very, very rare in good condition. I don't think I've ever heard of one in unissued condition and of course the matching numbers are a huge plus as are the bayonettes. I would do a good bit of research before offering them for sale.

Retread, I second that. The Mexican Mauser is a great rifle and the Mexican government only sells off the beaters. Who knows how those nice ones got away? I'm jealous! Don't sell them cheap!

jn

8. Default

I paid $450 for a non matching barreled action. The shape, #'s matching and bayonet condition of yours - I would think that $1200 each would be my bottom amount that I would part with them for.