Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Tom in N.J., did you see the above post??

Anyone know if Wilde used only WT marked bayo catches or did they use the UC too?

2. Default

Tom , i just re-read and saw you answered about the UC too. I didn't know if that applied to WT.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy69 View Post
    Are your black grips fine or coarse ribbed? If Wilde did run short of grips it is possible that they were supplied through the gov't to keep going and that could account for this, but until records prove it it is only a guess. Most will only accept the ruddy unmarked grips with the black rectangle.
    Jeremy, What is the significance of the coarse or fine black grips? The reason I'm curious is that I have a 1942 WT cutdown which seems to have the fine black grips.
    " THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS, AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN GOVERNMENT." THOMAS JEFFERSON

4. Default

The ruddy (red-brown) grips with the black rectangle have a finer grain to them, more LPI (lines per inch). There are also black (possibly brown) grips that exibit the finer LPI, Check out Gary's Bayonet points. He discusses differnt makers and the LPI chracteristics which I do not recall right now. Most of the plastic grips are marked and Gary has identified the makers through a Bakealite museum's help. The Source of the Wilde grip has not been identified and Wilde destroyed old records when they moved so it may remain a mystery too..

Thanks to Gary!