Default Good day at the gunshow...

Picked up a 1918 dated BAR belt in decent shape for $25.Now I need to find a cheap BAR.

Rottsa Ruck, It is a great weapon if you take care of it and operate it properly. I slept with one on many occassions in 1964/5, it never failed me and blew my mind with its' accuracy at long ranges. Nick

Shooter5 Guest

I know where a couple BAR's are...but you're going to have to enlist to get your hands on them!

Shooter5, sign me up if they will take old farts! Nick

Shooter5 Guest

As recently as a few years ago, the enlistment age was raised to 42 after desperation set in.
    It may be back down to 40 or 38.
    The trouble with the BAR's is getting any working mags and the ammo. S4 looks sideways at you when you request 30 cal! (But it's ok to req combloc ammo? go figure)

I know in the Guard, it was 42, but you could be older if you had prior service and would have your 20 in before you were 62.

I guess that leaves me out. I'll be 67 next week! Nick

Shooter5 Guest

Not necessarily, I saw on the evening news a few weeks ago an Iowa NG unit had a 60 ish doctor who had been allowed to join (if I recall correctly).
    I thought Stars and Stripes had another story on a 70 year old doc. If not directly into the service, many Patriots serve in support; KBR etc hires all sorts of skill sets.