Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

grandfathers k98 bayonet he picked up off the battlefield after battle of the bulge and brought home.

One item? My mint 1905 SA bright blade bayonet dated 1906 serial number 4139 in a krag hanger 1907 RIA scabbard

Grandfather's hospital corp Bolo knife he used in WW1.
    Plus a lighter made by other grandfather using an aircraft wing wire turnbuckle and German button.
    Also father's 506th PIR items from WW2.

4. Default

Mine is a staff sword from the Span-AM period. It has been in my family for years and came to me as the keeper of the archives,.
    What makes it interesting is the photograph if its owner, my great grandfather's brother in law in uniform.
    The other is my Dad's filed manual from WW2, not only does it talk about the M1 but also how to saddle your horse
    and put a gas mask on it.

My favorite is my M1009 CUCV, because I use it every day. A blast to drive.

Hal - I wish this forum had a "Like" button. Do remember to wait for the warm-up light before starting!
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Hal - I wish this forum had a "Like" button. Do remember to wait for the warm-up light before starting!
    Oh yes, the wait light!

Drove any a CUCV while on active duty back in the day. Just had to have one to pull the 1944 GPW Jeep to shows.
    Last edited by Hal O'Peridol; 12-29-2010 at 01:58.

8. Default

At a recent gunshow I picked up a "M8" army knife. 75.00 bought a mint condition guard marked Case M3 knife with a near mint M8 scabbard. I think thats my coolest.

Hard to say a single non firearm item is my favorite so I'll list 3 or 4?
    My mint 1944 SS dot pattern camo uniform from a vet in 1961 (I also have the matching pants). My Mint water pattern Fallschirmjäger jump smock from a gun show in about 1965. My Knights Cross u. German crosses. My SS typewriters - all have the SS rune key.
    Sarge
    Dot jacket..jpgmovie displ - 2..jpgRK u DK..JPG3 SS typ open..JPG
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

When the Soviet Empire collapsed and they were selling off everything in sight there was an outfit called "Sovietski Collection" that marketed the cooler stuff. My favorite, and I have some very cool stuff, is the Spetnatz survival tool I bought from them. This has to be the most overengineered cutting tool ever made. It is a short very thick bladed combination machete, ice axe, intrenching tool, saw and battle axe and those are just the major functions. It also incorporates a navagation quadrant, parachute riser cutter leather punch/needle and a butt container with matches fish hooks etc. It cost me $65.00 and was one of the more expensive items in their catalog. It came in the typical cheap commie pasteboard stapled box with the instructions (in Russian of course) and stays in the back of my car as an emergency tool.

I gave one to friend who uses it as sort of a multi tool in his woodshead to do things like knock off the rotten spots and strip bark. He told me it's almost impossible to dull the thing.

I know the Commies only were supposed to have issued these little gems to special forces troops and pilots but the cost of manufacture of these tools had to be very high. No wonder they went broke.