Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Missed the not a firearm thing.
    Then it would be my Waterloo medal. or maybe the Victorian period Artillery uniforms

My Camillus M4 Bayonet. It's a rubber handled bayonet most likely redone in Japan under contract to the US. My father carried it in Korea 1952-1953, and it was the start of my collecting milsurps and other militaria. If everything (non-firearm) were to go, that would be the last thing, along with my father's K98k WWII bring back and my Martini-Henry Mark II my son brought back from Afghanistan.

Mine would have to be two very basic items that my very best friend gave me. An M1-Garand En Bloc Clip from WW2 and a P38. I did a girl thing and strung them up together so that they make a ringing sound

Best Regards
    Lisa
    A girl and her gun, it's a beautiful thing.

4. Default

Tough one. One would be the geman bayonet my dear grandmother bought her 13 yr old grandson one summer. It took me 25 yrs to figure out it went to an 1891 argentine mauser. The neat thing is that I recently picked up a rifle that is less than 1200 away from having the same serial #.
    The other would be a little book I found in a junk shop titled ARMY FRENCH. It's dated 1918.
    john

Blog Entries

My grandfather's 21 jewel hamilton railroad watch. He would often say, occasionally the sun and moon may get a little off, but this watch is always right. Mine is my ebony handled buck knife. Limited to militaria, I have five gold stars supposedly worn by Ike. I've been meaning to get some pictures uploaded to see what they really are.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

My favorite is the most useful. Spend a lot of time out doors and can't imagine doing it without a canteen cup. Making coffee to purifying water over a campfire, would be lost without it.

regards. dennis

My Great Grandfathers Canadian Expeditionary Force lapel pin from his service in WWI. Followed by the Sgt. Chevrons that were used when I was promoted to that rank in 1988. One of the backing pins was lodged into my collar bone and had to be removed at the BAS afterword. However the rank did "stick" as was intended.......those wonderful days in the Old Corps

Semper Fi, Rob

I don't even know if I could answer that if I had a year to think about it. I have so many Jap items I am proud of.

Field accordian
    Type 30 NLF bayonet with cloth cover and blood spatter
    Bamboo wrapped Baton ( I refer to it as the POW beating stick)

Oddly enough my favorite is probably the....... OH MY GOD!!! MY HUNGARIAN GIRLFRIEND JUST TOOK HER FIRST DOSE OF "GREEN DEATH" FLAVOR NYQUIL. Wish I had video of her reaction. She said it tastes like Christmas trees....LOL

Anyways, it is a silk waist wrap for a kimono and it has hand sewn golden kites (phoenixs) and each feather has hand sewn veins on it. They feel like real feathers. Not a battle item but I still really enjoy the quality and work involved.

LOL Guamsst: I've never licked a christmas tree but it's a good description. I guess mine would be the Confederate belt buckle I found at Mine Creek Battlefield recently. I was looking for deer tracks. Pretty cool find.
    De Oppresso Liber

Not worth a toot to anyone else, but I have a favorite .50 cal ammo can. I've held onto it for 26 years and it reminds me of my service. Still has the PRAVDA sticker I bought in Heidelberg. Used to keep it in my M151 jeep (before our unit switched to HMMVs) and use it to fill the void between the front two seats. That way I could recline and sleep in the vehicle where it was warm. It was never on the load out list, but no one ever questioned it. Looked military enough I guess. Here's a facsimile (the original resides at home):
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.