Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What's your favorite item in your collection?

And why? Sorry I should have specified your favorite item that's not a firearm.

-Jeff L
    Last edited by Jeff L; 10-15-2010 at 07:40.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Springfield Armory M1A is my favorite. Why? - Mainly because my Mom and Dad gave it to me. Best Christmas present I ever got, it covered the two Christmases I spent in Germany and I got to "open" it (celebrate Christmas with my family) in October of 1986. Secondary reason of course is the M1A is something of a "product upgrade" to the finest battle implement ever devised. That is my "cold, dead hands" rifle, I won't give it up until the Lord calls me home. And then I hope my son will cherish it as I have! Thanks for asking Jeff!

3. Default

My wife. Without her the rest of it wouldn't happen.

Rarest isn't really "favorite" is it? I have some rare guns, one of a kind really, but those aren't necessarily my "favorite" item. Family items mean more but I'm not sure those are "favorite" either.

Hard to pick one. If I had to, and I think maybe it's a mood thing, today it would be the Remington Model 8. $60 at an estate sale. Stuff was going to be half price the second day so we returned. The owners were there and we had a chance to talk to them about the stuff - to include the Remington. They were very elderly. He was happy it went to a private owner and not a dealer.

It's what we do I think - just take care of the stuff until the next generation takes over.

That's an impossible question to answer.
    No1Mk3 Prize rifle
    Commercial Long Lee with target sights
    Lee enfield Cav carbines
    R.I.C. carbines
    NZ carbines, (only 1500 made)
    E.A.L Rifles
    Martinis
    Sniders,
    .22 cal No1mk3's and No4's
    Lee Metfords
    Long Lee with .22 aiming tube
    etc. etc.
    I won't even start with the handguns
    or machine guns.

I think one of my favorite items is probably worth the least and would be of little interest to anyone else.A WW2 7th Division patch my Uncle gave me when I was a youngster.He fought in the retaking of Attu and was wounded there severly enough to be discharged a year or so later.

1911A1 I got back from VN.
    Gave it to a good friend recently.
    Now a G33/40 I got from a friend who took it from a dead German paratrooper in France.
    Complete with hood, sling, and rod. Also LW buckle from original owner.

My favorites are the two American Flag arm bands that my Dad wore in WW2. One is marked Southern France ,Operation Dragoon, Aug15,1944. It was his first action,a glider assault near the town of Lemuy. The second was marked Battle of the Bulge. His unit was attached to the 17th Airborne which went into action on Dec.26th,1944. He was a member of the 550th Glider Infantry Battalion. After the Bulge his unit and the 193rd Glider Infantry were so decimated that they were disbanded and the remnants formed the 3rd Battalion 194th Glider Infantry.
    " THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS, AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN GOVERNMENT." THOMAS JEFFERSON

raiderkin Guest

The 4 "cornerstones" of my collection would be an unissued M3 fighting knife with unissued M6 leather scabbard- Viner Bros 1943, a 1941 Johnson, with 3 barrels, ons sporter 30.06, one original 30.06 and one Mexican 7mm, original bayonet and the $49 bucks receipt that my dad paid for it back in the '60 s. My dad's 1944 Willy's jeep with .30 cal Browning MG that I built out of a Sarco parts kit, and lastly, my Uncle Tony's WWII USMC 1st Raider Battalion collection that my family had kept after he was Killed in Action on Guadalcanal during the battle for Edson's Ridge. 2 complete uniforms, ID card, Etched Purple Heart, Grandmothers Gold Star, Western Union telegram from Marines notifying them of his death, Original promotion orders from Col. Edson to PFC, and alot more. I wish that I had the opportunity to know him instead.....TOM

MY dog tags.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

My original dog tags from 1966, and my dads dog tags from WW2.