1. Default Champions Choice NRA Shooting Coat Opinion?

Does anyone have an opinion on the Champions Choice NRA Shooting Coat in either leather or cordura? They look nice in the pictures. The metal hooks seem like a good idea. Has anyone owned one or used one before?

http://www.champchoice.com/cat-NRA_Coats-453.aspx

That's the one I use, only in red. Works well, helped my scores a bit. I'm sure the "Hardback" crowd will chime in, but it's a durable coat. Maybe a bit hotter in the summer due to the lack of ventilation cut-outs.....FWIW.

Mike D

I have been using these shooting coats for over a decade. I have a leather I use for smallbore and a cordura for high power. I use to use the leather one for both but bought the cordura because in high power you can get rained on. I recommend this coat, its great and until you get to the point of needing a custom coat or an ISU coat the CC will last and work well. My humble opinion.

4. Default

Thanks for the feedback.... Does anyone know how they compare to the Creedmoor coats?

Creedmore coats are better because they are somewhat taylor made. Creedmore asks for a few measurements from you to get you the right coat. They are also a lot more expensive. Champions Choice coats are off the rack and you buy them according to your suit jacket size.

I have a Creedmore Cordura Hardback with the vents on the sides for heat. The coat is a very good shooting coat and without a doubt aids in shooting a better score. I live in desert country and I can't say that the side vents are doing much good as far as dissapating heat. Still gets really uncomfortable when it is hot. I have had it for a number of years and it seems very durable, the vents don't show any sign of breaking down either.

I have had both Creedmore and Champion Choice and either will do the job.