Hi All,
I am in need of a safe for home use, 10-12 long guns and a handful or so of handguns. I had bought a new stackon unit that was a perfect fit for the boys and the spot allocated for install, but if their safe quality was half as good as their customer service (which I have unfortunately dealt with a lot) it would be a good deal for me, but it is not so its going back for refund. Basic need is to keep the guns out of hand of unsupervised kids and from petty thieves who are in and out quickly-grab and go. Anything more than that level gets into a price range that won't work for me.

With those goals in mind I have found two safes locally that will fit in the space and budget; the browning primal 12 (~$800) and American security TF55 ($1070)-all prices at local shops. The primal is new so it is hard to find online details, but I played with it at local dealer and it looks pretty good. TF55 is at upper end of budget but seems a little better made. TF has electronic lock which is a negative for me to some degree, primal is mechanical.

I realize this subject can be contentious, but within what I have set for my goals do any of you have experience with these or similar units?

Thanks,
Bob