Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thanks for the pictures Dan!
    That's exactly what I wanted to see.
    They will be very helpful when building my rifle!
    I ordered this stock from Numrich: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...&filter=553690
    It is very close but still needs to have the for-end reshaped, a couple of guys on snipercentral used it for their builds. I also ordered some simple swivels: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=177491 both not absolutely correct, but close enough, That's why I asked for pictures of the forend and swivels.

Greg V +1
    Dan, I hope I am not spamming you with questions now, but any picture you can can make of your rifle is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards, Louis
    Gun control: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Louis, what barrel are you using for your build?

I intend to buy an SPS Varmint and use the barreled action. The barrel contour is the same as the M40.
    The only obvious differences would be the barrel length (26") and the long bolt shroud, but I can live with that.
    If I have the money I will have the barrel cut down to 24"
    I am not changing or adding any stamps, I am not out to create an exact clone and it would cost me way to much.
    Gun control: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Greg....here's the muzzle pic you asked for...Dan

Last edited by Dan in NY; 03-06-2011 at 05:06. Reason: pic added

Thanks again Dan. My barrel is on the way from Douglas. I don't know if it will have the bevel, but if not, I'm sure TBA can put the right one on.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Do you post on the Snipers Hide too? There is also a Greg V over there.
    How is your rifle coming along?

Thanks for the picture Dan, when my rifle is finished, that will be a good reference point for the crown when I get the barrel shortened.

I have a Redfield Accurange, Low 4-screw rings, Jr Base, the stock, swivels, and a Turner leather NM sling. I still have Devcon and Tung oil to finish the stock with.
    I have every part I need for the rifle, problem is, I don't have the funds for the barreled action. A Remington SPS Varmint costs about 850 Euro ( $1105 ) over here.
    Ah well, more time to practice
    Last edited by 30cal_Fun; 03-11-2011 at 11:26.

Yea, that's me over on Sniper's Hide. I'm going into M40 info. overload! It sure is a lot of fun though and I'm learning a lot. Thanks to everyone here for all of the great info. shared. Maybe one day I'll be able to post some pictures of my completed project.

Greg V