Thread: Price?

Default Price?

I have a couple of Axis pieces I don't want to keep around. Frankly I've gotten squeemish about having axis stuff in my house in my old age. Not superstitious or anything, just don't like what it represents.

The two items below were gifts I got over the years but not from family members who brought them back so I have no attachment to them at all.

One is a Nazi three piece eating utinsil set. I've seen the folding fork and spoon sets but never one like this and I would like help with the value. It is a stainless steel knife fork and can opener. The three parts nest together quite ingeniously in the can opener with the prongs of the fork fitting into a bevel in the knife handle. The fork is Luftwaffe marked with a T.W.S.41 code. The opener is Heer marked with an M.M.L. 42 code. The knife is only marked with the what I assume are the initials of the manufacturer, ESM, over "Rostfrie." Has anyone seen a set like this and if so what would be a fair asking price.

I also have a late war manufactured Japanese bayonet. The markings indicate it was made by an unknown company under Kokura supervision. It has a round pommel, straight quillion and no "gutter. The guy I got it from said it was brought home after the war by a guy who used it to latch a hog pen and the scabbard and grip have considerable rust and pitting. When I took it out of the sheath the blade was still in the cosmoline and was absolutely pristine. I know this isn't the knife and bayonet forum but I thought I'd ask rather than write two posts, yeah I'm lazy tonight.

I'll probably take them to the next gunshow I attend and see if anyone is interested and continue that way until I unload them.
    Last edited by Art; 09-11-2010 at 08:27.

I did a bit of checking on line and found that the utinsil set also originally contained a spoon missing in this set. I could only find one for sale but the price seemed totally out of line (high.)

A complete set containing the knife, fork, spoon, and the holder which is also a can and bottle opener usually sell in the $100/125 range. A mis-matched set missing the spoon would sell for considerable less. Sounds like a late bayonet and would be either side of $75 depending on the condition of the metal described.

Thank you Johnny, that was actually about my SWAG on these things. The ones I found on line, especially the utinsil sets were higher than a cat's back but of course they were complete and matching.

Question

I might be interested in the silver ware set, depending on what you want for it.
    Actually primarily interested in the fork, but I know - gotta take the whole thing.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I might be interested in the silver ware set, depending on what you want for it.
    Actually primarily interested in the fork, but I know - gotta take the whole thing.
    Sarge
    PM sent

"Rostfrie." means Stainless Steel.
    "...don't like what it represents..." It represents a bit of history and nothing more. No different that owning a K98, Luger or P38.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Really the only thing that turned my stomach was somebody at a gun show selling a cloth Kapo badge from Auschwitz!

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Really the only thing that turned my stomach was somebody at a gun show selling a cloth Kapo badge from Auschwitz!
    Most of which are fakes, alone with the yellow stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "Rostfrie." means Stainless Steel.
    "...don't like what it represents..." It represents a bit of history and nothing more. No different that owning a K98, Luger or P38.
    I am not interested in owning one of them either. I simply am not interested in anything Nazi.

Postwar is a different story for me.

I don't have the predjudices of some folks I know. My daughter's godmother's parents are holochost survivors and neither she or they will even sit in a German automobile. Our daughter is a teacher and one of her coworkers is a Russian woman who wouldn't ride in our daughter's Volkswagen even though it was made in Mexico.
    Last edited by Art; 09-20-2010 at 02:16.