Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Other Members Stolen Guns

Other stolen guns posted by CSPers:

Gyrene--
    Stolen 1 1/2 years ago have no known trail yet.

M1918 BAR Ohio Ordnance Works S/N 1334

M1941 Johnson SAR S/N 7148

M1A Springfield Armory (Commercial) Match Conditioned S/N 018997

M1922 M2 Springfield (Govt.) .22 Cal with a full length stock S/N 20xxx ---Recovered!

M1 Carbine Underwood NO S/N (Was on loan for potential purchase by me. Owner did not have the S/N either)

S&W 686 NO S/N (Was on loan for potential purchase by me. Owner did not have the S/N either)

Dave Waits--
    These were stolen in March.
    M1 Garand ,Match-rifle; SN 980584 SA

M1 Carbine, NPM; SN 4090232

1911A1,Essex SS Frame, Colt MkIV,Series70 slide;SN SS2644

S&Wmod.66-6,2.5"; SN CFB7861

S&W Model 28-2,4"; SN N255937

S&W Model 14-3,6",Sq,butt K Cokes; SN 5K22834

Ruger 10-22,walnut Stock, scope, Mini-14 stock extension; SN 114-23693

None of these, stolen in March of this year have shown up.
    Last edited by TomSudz; 05-16-2011 at 10:52.

Have a Model 15-3 S&W K-924721 a nephew took out of my Dads sock drawer when he passed away. The pistol was mine and he knew it. Sold it to a pawn shop in Omaha for $100. Don't know who is the bigger thief the pawn shop or my nephew.

Also have a 1917 that is hard chromed with adjustable sights. It was built by Bill owner of the Cylinder and Slide back in the day when he was just getting started. Somewhere I have the serial numbers but its been so long I have given up on ever recovering. One thing for shure it would stick out like a sore thumb on any table at a gun show. The numbers are listed on the NCIC Computer and it is my understanding that they never come off until the firearm is found.
    Last edited by Rick; 09-09-2010 at 02:39. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The numbers are listed on the NCIC Computer and it is my understanding that they never come off until the firearm is found.
    Even if it is found, it may never be returned to you. I ran into this a few years ago. I purchased a pistol from a friend of mine, who'd purchased it from another friend of mine, who'd purchased it from another friend of mine... I knew four of the previous owners and had no reason to be concerned. I eventually traded it to another friend for a revolver. A year later, he tried to trade it to a gunstore which ran the serial number. Imagine my surprise and embarassment when one of my Sergeants at work called me to ask if I'd ever sold or traded "so and so" a particular pistol, serial number.... Yes, it had been stolen from another state over a decade ago. I was mortified to say the least. I provided the four previous owners' names, but unfortunately, the first one had originally bought it from a stranger at a gun show and had no records. I returned my friend's revolver (the one he'd traded me for the pistol), but that was as far as the ammends-making went. I was down one revolver but happy that the NCIC system had worked and that some poor fellow had gotten his stolen property returned. I was surprised to learn some months later that the pistol still languished in our department's property room, because we were still waiting for the original theft report from the Sheriff's agency that had listed the pistol in NCIC. A telephone call placed to that agency revealed that the report was not sent, because it couldn't be found! Some new Sheriff elected along the way had thrown out all of the old unsolved cases, including the original theft report. The original victim was never identified. Ultimately, that Sheriff's agency had to remove the pistol from NCIC and state officially that no theft report existed. The pistol was returned to my friend (about a year after it was seized) who returned my revolver to me. I was happy to get my revolver back, but it was bittersweet; some poor soul reported his pistol stolen, it was duly entered into NCIC, recovered years later, but because a Sheriff dropped the ball.... I do hope nothing like that happens to you.

Got a better one. Had a Colt CAR15 and a Ruger Super Blackhawk stolen back around 1980 or so. Get a call from another state's sherriff dept. , they had recovered the Ruger. Wanted to know what info I could supply about the theft some twenty years ago. Long story short , they claimed they were keeping my gun and "destroying "it. I told them I felt , and still do , that they were thieves worse than the one that stole it. I'm sure it's resting "destroyed" in one of thier gun safes to this day.
    Chris

I've replaced the 1917 with a 625 S&W. So I've moved on. I would just like to find who stole my firearm before I'm too old to break both their arms and legs.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by emmagee1917 View Post
    I'm sure it's resting "destroyed" in one of thier gun safes to this day.
    Chris
    Either that or some cop helped himself to it. Quality guns have a way of getting switched or "misplaced" in many police evidence rooms. This is especially true in areas that have gun "buy-back" programs. Most of the stuff that people turn in is junk but there are usually a few choice pieces. These gun never see the furnace or crusher.

7. Default

In or around 1994, my car was stolen from the parking lot of one of the major retailers where I worked. I've forgotten where I parked before, but this time I had an excuse. It was a strange feeling to say the least. Long story short, I had a German P-38 my Dad bought for me (from my uncle) in the trunk. Police report filed in Hillsborough Co., FL...nothing to this day. Serial # 2905. It was all correct and had the cyq markings. Funny, I can remember that serial number, but can't remember the year my car was stolen!

Ill give you guys a story about having a gun stolen. You can believe it or not.

My father-in-law was murdered in his home. The County Sheriff went through his house and took all his firearms. One was a P-38 that he had brought back from WW-2. It was new in the grease and I helped him clean it up. He had it in a shoulder holster with an extra magazine. After the trial I worked on recovering his firearms which took a couple years to get back.

Now here is what I recovered. A P-38 with a CYQ frame, an AC slide, a commercial barrel, one black grip, one brown grip , one magazine and an aftermarket 45 Colt Shoulder Holster. Told the County Attorney it wasn't the right pistol and I was given a take it or leave it option. I took it and sold it and gave the money to his heirs.

Now fast forward a few years and I was waiting at the door of a local gun show for my wife to pick me up. Was talking to another man who was waiting for his ride. The conversation came around to talking about my father-in-law and I related the above story. The guy turned a little white and told the rest of the story of what happened to my father-in-laws P-38. The County Sheriff and an avid P-38 collector showed him the pistol and the bring back papers with my father-in-laws name on them.

Fast forward again to last week and thief passed away in the VA Hospital. I'm hoping he needs a asbestos suit. The man that murdered my father-in-law died the year before, They were good friends in life so I'm hoping in death they are together again.

One of my babies is going to return home! The seller was very disappointed, but what can you do when the police are recovering a stolen firearm. I have to reserve my comments, as this recovery should lead to additional recoveries, and I hold no ill feelings for the seller who thought he had made a good purchase.

Gyrene VSM - OFC

semper fi

WOW that is good news my friend. I hope it's that big heavy one coming home?